Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs / 3.1.3 / 05.12.01 unlocking to any sim

Default 3gs / 3.1.3 / 05.12.01 unlocking to any sim
    hey,as above, iv got a 3gs on vodaphone i was trying to unlock it and stupidly upgraded it ARGH, now i know people say u cant unlock them but u can jailbreak the, (whats the diffrence)also i'v found this website wich clames it can unlock the 3.1.3 05.12.01 iPhone Unlock UK - 1 Click, 2min iPhone 3G/3GS Software Unlock guaranteed looks like a good website with ukland lines to call also full moneyback guarante? do u rekon its posible? cheers.
    shaun

anyone???
    Last edited by shauny2288; 2010-03-14 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

dont try it
    its a scam there is no unlock

3. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

shauny2288 (2010-03-14)

cheers mate, does anybody no if they will eva make a new hak for the phone or should i giv up and sell it on to sum1 for vodaphone?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

itll prbably come out when 3.2 or 4.00 comes out

Jailbreaking the phone allows you to install 3rd party apps. All the websites out there that tell you it will unlock the iPhone 3.1.3 is totally a scam, once you exchange money they will say once the unlock is available we will e-mail it to you, DO NOT DO IT!!
    If I helped you hit the "Thanks"!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BoisePunk22 For This Useful Post:

shauny2288 (2010-03-15)

thanks for the mate!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I believe that Vodaphone Australia and Vivo Brazil iPhones can be unlocked with a remote code. Give me a moment while I find the exact link(s).

EDIT: Here are 2 links I found. I have had used the second site below (freeunlocks.com) for other unlock codes and it worked great with TrialPay. The first link is eBay

1. eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Unlock-Code-F...item27b02e8005

2. FreeUnlocks.com - Free Vodaphone and Vivo iPhone and iPhone 3G Unlocking (using a service called TrialPay)

Moderators, please feel free to remove links if you are not happy with them.

Adam
    Last edited by shmootz; 2010-04-03 at 04:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shmootz View Post
    I believe that Vodaphone Australia and Vivo Brazil iPhones can be unlocked with a remote code. Give me a moment while I find the exact link(s).

EDIT: Here are 2 links I found. I have had used the second site below (freeunlocks.com) for other unlock codes and it worked great with TrialPay. The first link is eBay

1. eBay - Unlock Code For Vodafone Australia iPhone 3G 3GS S - eBay, Other, Everything Else. (end time 14-Apr-10 23:19:19 AEST)

2. FreeUnlocks.com - Free Vodaphone and Vivo iPhone and iPhone 3G Unlocking (using a service called TrialPay)

Moderators, please feel free to remove links if you are not happy with them.

Adam
    Scanning through those, it seems they have a possibility to work, but more the eBay one. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't risk it - the unlock for 05.12.01 could either be coming out with the iPad (tomorrow) or with the iPhone OS 4.0 (late June), so either way I think using an iPhone for a paperweight for either a day or a few months isn't that bad.

Besides, wasting either $80 for a code that doesn't work or a lot of your time isn't worth it.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xdz View Post
    Scanning through those, it seems they have a possibility to work, but more the eBay one. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't risk it - the unlock for 05.12.01 could either be coming out with the iPad (tomorrow) or with the iPhone OS 4.0 (late June), so either way I think using an iPhone for a paperweight for either a day or a few months isn't that bad.

Besides, wasting either $80 for a code that doesn't work or a lot of your time isn't worth it.
    Most, if not all, remote unlock codes are permanent to my knowledge. Plus, I am sure they will give refunds if the code does not work (I know freeunlocks does from my experience).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shmootz View Post
    Most, if not all, remote unlock codes are permanent to my knowledge. Plus, I am sure they will give refunds if the code does not work (I know freeunlocks does from my experience).
    Unlock codes are indeed permanent, however I was doubting the legitimacy of the site. Sorry if I was mistaken about freeunlocks.

Happy with an iPhone. No iPad needed.

I second shmootz. We cannot say all the remote sites providing unlocking services are scams. Without paying money how can they get the code for us. I unlocked my 3gs at Wickedunlock since I was referred by few to go there. They also told that they provide correct codes and even refund immediately if the code is unavailable. Finally I unlocked my iphone successfully without any trouble.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to asmeena For This Useful Post:

buder (2012-08-10)

thanks for sharing!!