Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What are the chances of this happening

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default What are the chances of this happening
    Well, today I received my iPhone 3G! Great huh? Sadly, no, because my iPhone had been upgraded to 3.1.3 (05.09 bootloader, 05.12.01 baseband) and thus, it is locked into Apple + AT&T's illegal monopoly until either DevTeam releases a fix or the USA starts making cell phone companies obey the same laws all other companies must obey. The latter probably wont happen anytime soon, so I'm depending on DevTeam. Well, today I think I figured out exactly what is taking them (over a month ago they said they had an exploit, we have just been waiting). Apparently, someone made up a rumor that Apple would be releasing iPhone OS 4.0, complete with multitasking, on Sunday (March 14th)! LOL. Out of all the lies people make up about Apple, this has got to be the funniest. The only thing funnier would have been if they said support for Verizon would be included in the update! Maybe it is!? But seriously, we all know it isn't going to happen, but what I thought was that maybe DevTeam wanted to make sure, so they didn't release their 05.12.01 hack yet. Do you think it may come out this week? After Sunday when we all find out what I already knew, that there will NOT be a iPhone OS update on Sunday?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The Dev Team are a smart group. They know that 4.0 is not coming till summer. The beta is set to start soon. Yes an exploit was found but you have to find a way to actually use it and get it ready for the public.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-03-13 at 05:02 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]