Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: donations for the iphone exploiters

Lightbulb donations for the iphone exploiters
    why not we start to contribute some amount that would be usefull for the exploiting team, so that they would be able to spend more time trying to find a way to unlock this new baseband ASAP.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

they dont want any?
    do you actually read the websites because it says they don't accept donations..
    Dev-Team Blog - Donations to /dev/null
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have and will keep donating to the chronic dev team. The problem is that the teams usually only have one of the new devices to experiment on. I know the Dev Team has 0 ipt3g at the moment. How can bootrom exploits be found when they dont even have the device? They need to get rid of their no donations policy like they did when the 3GS dropped.

do not be such a naive.. They are doing this for the money...WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS,,, yeah sure, so who are paying???? Like GeoHot...and the chronic... YOU ARE DONATING money???? sure, you are paying for polls and greenpoison...which I think we will never see it...I will donate when i see something working. i do not care about the jailbrake, i need the unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by famleon69 View Post
    do not be such a naive.. They are doing this for the money...WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS,,, yeah sure, so who are paying???? Like GeoHot...and the chronic... YOU ARE DONATING money???? sure, you are paying for polls and greenpoison...which I think we will never see it...I will donate when i see something working. i do not care about the jailbrake, i need the unlock.
    Dunno where you get your info.....but we (Stealth and myself) know a handful of the guys on that team and NO they do not do it for money AT ALL........simply for the challenge.

I wouldnt crap where you gotta sleep bro....if you want an unlock.

Thanks

^ lol. That dude obviously knows nothing

i do not care about the jailbrake, i need the unlock.
    P.S.

You kind of need a jailbreak for an unlock, kthxbai

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ lol. That dude obviously knows nothing

P.S.

You kind of need a jailbreak for an unlock, kthxbai
    That dude, obviously knows nothing, but what about you? You nee jailbreak for unlock??? Do you need to jailbreak for an official unlock (SIM free) ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    That dude, obviously knows nothing, but what about you? You nee jailbreak for unlock??? Do you need to jailbreak for an official unlock (SIM free) ?
    What about me? If he had an officially unlocked phone then he wouldn't need a team to be working on an unlock. Obviously he is referring to a soft unlock. Was that even a serious comment?

Thanks

LOL. Funny stuff.
    Chronic & Geohot don't do it for the money...
    And the Dev Team don't take donations at all.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    What about me? If he had an officially unlocked phone then he wouldn't need a team to be working on an unlock. Obviously he is referring to a soft unlock. Was that even a serious comment? :
    See, you said that you need to jailbreak in order to obtain an unlock..from your other post init? Now you tell that unlocking officially is not soft unlock? it is a hard unlock? they don't jailbreak to just sync with itunes and unlock using a NCK key right?

Thanks

He does not have a phone that is eligible for an official unlock he is looking for an unlock by unofficial means. Since there is no way to spoof a carrier unlock the only way to soft unlock for him would be to jailbreak a phone.

Okay. So it is necessary to jailbreak only if you are going for an unofficial unlock.