Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEW Unlock Comming our Way 05.11.07

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default NEW Unlock Comming our Way 05.11.07
    As one of the tweets that iH8sn0w posted he found an exploit to a possible unlock for the 3.1/.2 firmware with the baseband 05.11.07

iH8sn0w Tweet earlier today

hope we can get an unlock soon

Thanks to all and keep up the good work.

So far he's been proven as nothing but a fraud though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I really hope he is not
    really need the unlock

iH8sn0w - A sn0wy Blog

his website.

MuscleNerd is pretty upset with him atm, it might seem.

However! there's a chance he's found something and is just wanting all the party hats for himself so he isn't sharing until it's done!

LOL, so in retrospect, posting an iPhone exploit that hasn't been used in any meaningful way yet ON TWITTER was probably not the smartest way to get information out there.

I mean, not if you don't want Apple to release, oh, 3.1.3 in the next 48 hours fixing this hole. Though I guess we've all learned by now to NEVER. UPDATE. VIA ITUNES.
    Last edited by nachobel; 2009-10-18 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ----
    Cheers!

Sounds olike a big prankster. Even I can post on my twitter that I found a loophole/exploit etc. Fact of the matter is, We ain't gonna see any unlock for atleast 2 months. the devteam/geofat/whoever he might be, is no match for apple anymore sadly And NO, I'm not being pessimistic here.

Default Unlock for 05.11.07
    Dev Team may not be trying very hard, because they know that by January the unlock will not be important for most people. I know that in the UK and Canada it has been confirmed that Apple will open up to other carriers. Vodafone in the UK has confirmed they will have the iPhone mid-Jan 2010.

Other carriers will also be able to offer it, but I'm not certain which ones. I only care about Vodafone. It is probably the same situation in other countries where they have exclusive agreements.

For now, I just use a PAYG O2 sim and divert my Vodafone number to it. SMS doesn't divert, but I don't use it much, anyway. Not ideal, but I can get by until Jan if I must.

Even though if they are open to carriers they are bound to CONTRACT. When would you understand that? Iphone would never be like a Nokia where in you can grab one and pop in a sim card and start using it. So There HAS TO BE A UNLOCK no matter how long.

So, enough people actually have contracts with their carriers. This is why they are unlocking their phones. Besides, I was not required to take out a contract with O2 when I purchased my iPhone from the Apple store in London, so why would they suddenly start requiring contracts with other carriers? (BTW, I think you meant AN unlock.)

So, enough people actually have contracts with their carriers. This is why they are unlocking their phones. Besides, I was not required to take out a contract with O2 when I purchased my iPhone from the Apple store in London, so why would they suddenly start requiring contracts with other carriers? (BTW, I think you meant AN unlock.)

Surely you are locked to a pay as you go sim though aren't you?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    So far he's been proven as nothing but a fraud though.

+1 By the time he comes out with it there will be another baseband out (if he even comes out with it)
    He is playing show and tell but he is playing one sided (all tell no show).
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Wouldn't this just be simply divine? I think so. There are a lot of us 5.11.07's out there. Sigh.

I bet this unlock would be the hack of the century.........looks like it

Thanks

Confucious has been drilling this point for some time now and he has close ties to the Dev_team. It's highly doubtful that an unlock of BB 5.11.07 or the next BB update is anywhere in the near future. We could be talking months or longer. Just parse through the tweets of MuscleNerd and geohot.
    Quote Originally Posted by geohot tweets
    burned up a 5.11 baseband exploit not in a program...in no place right now to write blacksn0w...hope someone does
    8:58 PM Oct 18th from mobile web
    Blacksn0w would have been Geohot's new unlock. Geohot confirmed it doesn't work on BB 5.11.07. Purp1esn0w was the old unlock for firmware 3.0 BB 4.26.08.

MuscleNerd Tweets indicate that the Dev_team is looking for a totally new way to unlock. Apple is now shipping its new production iPhone 3GS with a new boot ROM, fixing a 24kpwn exploit that was used by the iPhone Dev Team for jailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by MusceNerd tweets
    @olaeke bootneuter for 3g/3gs would be best possible outcome. that's the unlock goal for these later iphones.
    1:38 PM Oct 11th from web in reply to olaeke
    --------------------------
    @iHacker the BB is far too massive to play cat&mouse on for *every* update they make, so unlock oscillates between BB and bootrom RCE
    3:50 PM Sep 29th from web
    --------------------------
    @ryanpeiris a soft unlock for 05.08/10/11 is low on priority list..it's more useful to look for sgold bootrom exploit than to chase apple
    11:09 AM Sep 27th from web in reply to ryanpeiris
    Last edited by reddawg; 2009-10-21 at 06:43 PM.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

Smile i phone hack
    hi yallbeen reading what everyone has been saying on here and getting very confused about who is actually arguing with who (or discussing)

There is a hack to unlock your iphone if your on the BB 05.11.7 but you have to have a bootloader under 5.08, use cydia and download fuzzy band to find out,this letts you down grade your firmware to a 04 number allowing you to ulock

There is a way of unlocking iphones with 05.11.07 and bootloader 5.9 i dont know how its done exactly but ive been told about a week or two from now,i think its a open unit job a or some sort of dual sim, been quoted £20 for it a the guys been good to his word with every other iphone he does has been doing them since they came out,a let everyone know how i get on
    ,as far as dev teams unlock for this band etc its not high on their list which mean if they stumble across how to do while working on other basebands etc then they will post it but from the sounds of things thats not going to be untill the turn of the year.

as far as contract user's and there phones ounce your contract is up ie 12 or 18 months the phone is your property not apple, O2 or
    AT&T u basically rent the phone for a year until you have paid for the value of the phone after which you can legally do with it as you wish.anyone buy an iphone as of jan from apple will have it factory unlocked as apple know they stand a btter chance of selling phone to the whole market rather than having on a select few network providers.

I moved to europe not long ago...Had a canadian 3GS which I tried to unlock and ironically my phone crashed in cydia and I had to ******* restore. WHY!!!!!!!

Thanks

Just hope and see if they do. Trust the places you know rather then places you found

Smile give us a clue
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    I moved to europe not long ago...Had a canadian 3GS which I tried to unlock and ironically my phone crashed in cydia and I had to ******* restore. WHY!!!!!!!
    what FW you got? when did you unlock it and what fw did you unlock it with did you upgrade using itunes to the new 5.11.07

by the sounds of it you done the same as me, i updated a jailbroken and unlocked phone without using pawnage tool and it updated by BB

mines did the same when i used unltrasn0w, try using rock or icy instead of cydia alot of people have had problems with cydia

peace

Quote Originally Posted by Bazman666 View Post
    what FW you got? when did you unlock it and what fw did you unlock it with did you upgrade using itunes to the new 5.11.07

by the sounds of it you done the same as me, i updated a jailbroken and unlocked phone without using pawnage tool and it updated by BB

mines did the same when i used unltrasn0w, try using rock or icy instead of cydia alot of people have had problems with cydia

peace
    I was well aware that updating would break my jailbreak and wouldn't allow me to unlock...The thing is that since my phone crashed the only way to use it again was by restoring it since it would hang at the apple logo. Since the new iTunes apple doesn't allow you to restore with the firmware you want, only the latest firmware which is not unlockable atm...

I wasn't unlocked prior to restoring to 3.1, I simply tried unlocking my 3.0 3GS and it crashed.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 2009-10-22 at 12:02 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast