Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WHAT in the bloody hell........

Default WHAT in the bloody hell........
    alright soooo i "accidentally" upgraded to 3.1.2 on my iphone.
    it was previously jalilbroken and unlocked using redsn0w.
    ive tried multiple ways of re jailbraking and unlocking from blackrain to pawnage tool.
    with pawnage tool i keep getting error 1600 or 1604 with custom ispw restore
    i am on a mac with osx

what the **** do i do haha?

Jailbreakin is still possible. But the unlocking is only in your dreams. I doutb there will be an unlock in the nearest 6 monts

There are numerous topics covering this in the forum in which you just posted.

TL;DR version: You're ******.

Regular version: You're extremely ******, and will be for some time, and there's nothing at all you can do about it short of selling your device and purchasing a new one second hand that hasn't been updated past 3.0.1.

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

To jailbreak you'll need to go into /user/library/itunes/device support and delete the file in there. Next use pwnage tool 3.1.4 to create a new custom 3.1.2 firmware. After it's done building put the phone into DFU mode and restore.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

nachobel (2009-10-17)

Poseidon - that will let you install a custom 3.0 or 3.0.1 firmware using iTunes 9 onto a 3G without that error? Awesome, I did not know that!
    ----
    Cheers!

^^But what difference does it makes? In either case you can jailbreak ONLY, but not unlock

Well, I'm currently on 3.0, unlocked and jailbroken. If I wanted to reinstall a custom 3.0 or upgrade to a custom 3.0.1 IPSW, iTunes would (I think) give me an error message. Maybe that only happens if you're trying to downgrade. I haven't tried it yet, it's just good knowledge to have either way!
    ----
    Cheers!