Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help..

Default Please Help..
    i installed a bourne shell through Cydia on my iphone 3gs 3.0 software thinking it was a bourne theme for winterboard. I wanted to delete it because i wasn't sure what it was. When i deleted it, it started deleting all other themes and now my iphone is frozen, it just has the apple logo frozen and both my computer and itunes can't read my iphone. Please help.. what do i need to do?

Put it in dfu mode and restore it. Do NOT restore through an official update on itunes if you are considering unlocking it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to antonpanton For This Useful Post:

iphoneuser23 (2009-10-17)

That's unfortunate. I would recommend restoring from a custom 3.0 file created with pwnage tool. Though I believe there are some strange problems doing this in iTunes 9, you may have to use iTunes 8.2.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You will need to find and download a custom 3.0 firmware and use that to restore. IF you're on AT&T and don't want to unlock then you can just restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes and use blackra1n to jailbreak.

i put my phone on dfu mode but did not restore it at first because of the OS 3.1, but i had to because there wasn't any other way for me to check if my phone is okay. Now i can't unlock my phone. i have an at&t sim card and bought my phone out of the US. I guess i'll just have to wait for an update.. Thanks for the response guys!

If you're on 3.1, there's no way you'll be able to unlock your phone. Though you say you bought it out of the US - it's not factory unlocked is it?
    ----
    Cheers!

no it is not... anybody know if the solution for unlocking 3gs on 3.1 coming out anytime soon? =(

i tried to jailbreak using blackra1n but because the phone is unlocked, it just kept showing me that it needs a sim card.
    Last edited by iphoneuser23; 2009-10-17 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wait - your phone is unlocked? That means that it's already Jailbroken...

Um, there is no current itinerary for a 3.1 or 3.1.2 unlock for the 3G or the 3Gs. It's probably going to be a very long time.

If I had to put money on it I would guess sometime (perhaps a couple weeks) after 3.2 comes out, whenever that will be.
    ----
    Cheers!

when i got my phone, it had 3.0 OS out of the box and was jailbroken and unlocked so i can use my att simcard on it.. i accidentally deleted a package from cydia and my phone just crashed. It just kept restarting over and over and so i did what antonpanton said and put the phone on dfu mode and was researching all night to see what other iphone users are saying, i tried shift restore and opening the 3.0 ipsw restore but itunes would not recognize it. So i restored it to the 3.1 OS... i really don't know what to do anymore.. but thanks for your response...

So you're using AT&T? I'm going to assume you're here in the US then?

If this is the case, just upgrade to the latest 3.1.2 and then jailbreak using Blackra1n, like Poseidon suggested.

If you merely HAVE an AT&T sim but would like to use the phone on T-Mobile, you're stuffed.
    ----
    Cheers!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nachobel For This Useful Post:

iphoneuser23 (2009-10-17)