Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Help
    I just got an Iphone 3G with modem firmware 5.11.07, it originally was at the newest update 3.1.2 but I used redsn0w 0.8 and updated it to the update 3.0, afterward I ran cydia. Now when I put my sim card in and try to use it, nothing happens. I did that about 10 times now and I still get the same thing either searching for carrier or no service. Can someone help me, I have an 2G iphone and when I put my sim card in after doing the same thing and I have service but with my 3G I don't know what to do.

Thanks

What carrier? Is it unlocked?
    ohh and Great thread title...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you're on AT&T you need to activate with iTunes BEFORE you jailbreak. If you're trying to use t-mobile you're outta luck as the 5.11.07 baseband is not unlockable.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's with T-mobile, and no it's not unlocked otherwise it would be pointless of me putting this post. I went through the jailbreaking process then went great, when I went onto cydia I did everything the instructions said to do, but when it rebooted I still get searching or no service. That's where I am right now. Someone just messaged me saying just by another phone because it's not going to work.

^^chato114, didn't you read the last part of his post? 5.11.07 Baseband CANNOT BE UNLOCKED on ANY IPHONE as of now. So unless you get yourself a AT&T sim, chances of you using an alternate carrier is 0%

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chato114 View Post
    It's with T-mobile, and no it's not unlocked otherwise it would be pointless of me putting this post. I went through the jailbreaking process then went great, when I went onto cydia I did everything the instructions said to do, but when it rebooted I still get searching or no service. That's where I am right now. Someone just messaged me saying just by another phone because it's not going to work.
    You said nothing about what kind of sim card you were trying.
    Can't read your mind......

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    You said nothing about what kind of sim card you were trying.
    Can't read your mind......
    He wants to use a Tmobile sim.

OP: You're ******. There's nothing you can do. Well actually, Jailbreak the phone and launch Cydia. Install "Fuzzyband". Run it. It'll do some checking and if your Bootloader version is 5.08, you can downgrade your baseband to an unlockable version. There's a very small possibility that you are able to do this.

If this doesn't work, you're ******. See the copious number of threads already on the subject in this very forum for details on how extremely thoroughly you're ******, if you're interested.