Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: quick Q, should a non active at&t 3g sim get signal after activation?

Default quick Q, should a non active at&t 3g sim get signal after activation?
    i have a iphone 3g with the dreaded unlocked 3.1.2/ 05.11.07 firmware

my Q is should i receive signal from at&t after i activate the cell through itunes?

like i said the sim is no longer active, i cannot get signal for service or wifi..

i have been playing around with 3.0.1 downgrades and blackrain so iwas wondering if i maybe messed something up? or do i need an active sim to activate the phone after a reflash?

i tried running a fresh restore from itunes with no luck as well, thanks

If your sim isn't active it won't connect to the network. It will say "no service".

thanks for the reply. sot hat will disable wifi also? i rain blackra1n but still cannot get wifi, thanks

No, WiFi still works.

yeah, my wifi wont receive anything either, maybe the 5.11.7 locked it with no service?

No, I had an iPhone 3G running 3.1.2 with 05.11.07 and WiFi worked fine on it. I'm not sure what your trouble is exactly but I'm positive it isn't related to the baseband.

i was just wondering with out an active sim if maybe the new baseband is blocking wifi now, or possibly blackra1n is not working on non activated cells with the new baseband?? thanks