Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: An unlock for the latest BaseBand is being worked on!

Smile An unlock for the latest BaseBand is being worked on!
    I know a high majority of you already know this, but to clarify for everyone that keeps saying:
    "sell your iphone its f***ed now" or
    "there isnt going to be an unlock for this baseband" or even
    "I might sell my BRAND NEW out of the box iphone for 1 with an older baseband"

The Dev-Team are working on an unlock, they state it on the 'Dev-Team Blog'(Dev-Team Blog - Pwnage Pie), it says, " We’ll continue to work on a carrier unlock for the latest basebands, but the timeframe for such an unlock is unknowable." So it maybe a couple of weeks or even a few months but i am sure the Dev-Team arn't going to leave us in the dark.

So hang in there! lol

:Can't believe you go by that word!

Default word?
    If you could let me know what word then im sure ill be with you. thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

That's funny. They were "working on" an unlock for the 2.30 baseband (2.2.1 firmware) for 8 months and never found an exploit. They released yellowsn0w for the 4.26 baseband instead and FYI the Dev Team didn't find the exploit... it was an independent that submitted it to them. So don't hold your breath... easier said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by liam.baker.g View Post
    If you could let me know what word then im sure ill be with you. thanks.
    it says, " We’ll continue to work on a carrier unlock for the latest basebands, but the timeframe for such an unlock is unknowable."
    :This one you can wait for ever, but that dreaded 5.x unlock is not gonna come anytime soon buddy

I guess I Might have to use my phone just with a jailbrake without any carrier for 2 to 3 months or even 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by liam.baker.g View Post
    I know a high majority of you already know this, but to clarify for everyone that keeps saying:
    "sell your iphone its f***ed now" or
    "there isnt going to be an unlock for this baseband" or even
    "I might sell my BRAND NEW out of the box iphone for 1 with an older baseband"

The Dev-Team are working on an unlock, they state it on the 'Dev-Team Blog'(Dev-Team Blog - Pwnage Pie), it says, " We’ll continue to work on a carrier unlock for the latest basebands, but the timeframe for such an unlock is unknowable." So it maybe a couple of weeks or even a few months but i am sure the Dev-Team arn't going to leave us in the dark.

So hang in there! lol
    I will not put my money on it, GeoHot released the Blackrain and days later they deliver a really complicated tool, soooo, I will bet someone else will do it