Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g, prepaid att 3.1 upgrade questions

Default iphone 3g, prepaid att 3.1 upgrade questions
    Alright right now i have an iphone 3g, jailbroken and its on a pick your plan att prepaid plan. i am on firmware 3.0.1 at the moment. I do not use an unlock right now to get service. My question is, With this baseband update, in the 3.1.2 firmware, will this be the same? Or will i have troubles because its a go-phone sim?

The phone i believe was successfully activated thru itunes. I got the phone as a replacement from apple for one that i broke, and they activated it for me before i left, With the gophone sim in it. and he didnt mention there to be any problems with the activation.

I'm not sure if that makes any difference, I do remember my 2g iphone did not activate thru itunes, and the phone needed to be jailbroken and unlocked for me to get service, and to get to the home screen

i have searched around and haven't found much info on people using 3.1 on an iphone 3g with a pick your plan prepaid account. If anyone has any info on this i'd appreciate it. I want to upgrade, because right now my phone has some battery life issues, and it is pretty slow. im hoping this will help things out. But i cant afford to lose my service if there is no unlock available at the moment

nevermind. I grew a pair and updated, Works fine.
    Last edited by BIGkernal; 2009-10-15 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost