Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant i just reset the iphone and reinstall 3.0?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default cant i just reset the iphone and reinstall 3.0?
    I have an iphone 3g and it was accidently updated to 3.1 (7c144), i am wondering if i do a full reset and just reinstall everything if thats goin to solve the problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That depends on what the problem is. You need to give more details for anyone to help you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i want to jailbreak and unlock it..and according to what i'm reading is that 3.1 (7c144) cant be unlocked and jailbroken.

so i was wondering if i can do the full reset and go from there

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

im sry since u upgraded u baseband has upgraded also so u cant unlock
    but i heard it mite come out soon

im sry since u upgraded u baseband has upgraded also so u cant unlock
    but i heard it mite come out soon
    Last edited by battlecrushr; 2009-10-13 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Braddie if you are one of the lucky ones who has the 5.08 bootloader you may be able to downgrade your baseband using Fuzzyband from Cydia. You can now jailbreak 3.1. You can use PwnageTool to build a custom ipsw for you if you're on a Mac, or get someone else to do it for you, or you can use blackra1n for windows. Blackra1n is hit or miss getting that to work on a 3G so PwnageTool is probably a better option.

Good Luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

I am really lucky to have 5.08 bootloader so I really don't worry about baseband

/grumble

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ahh crap..thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by gillyweed View Post
    Braddie if you are one of the lucky ones who has the 5.08 bootloader you may be able to downgrade your baseband using Fuzzyband from Cydia. You can now jailbreak 3.1. You can use PwnageTool to build a custom ipsw for you if you're on a Mac, or get someone else to do it for you, or you can use blackra1n for windows. Blackra1n is hit or miss getting that to work on a 3G so PwnageTool is probably a better option.

Good Luck!
    What's a 5.08 bootloader and how would you find out if you have it/one? So will this unlock a currently locked iphone version 3.1?(Dev Team's pwnage tool). If so I'll need to find a friend who owns a Mac I guess. What about all that ECID SHSH stuff? Does that info need to be "captured" on saurik's server still? What is the difference between George Hotz and Dev Team's besides one being for Mac OS X and one for Windows? Is it that the Dev Team is an unlock and the blackra1n is a jailbreak? In reading the posts I gather that your phone has to be unlocked already for the pwnage tool to work and if you currently have a locked iphone this isn't going to work? If it's incapable of being unlocked is it still capable of being jailbroken? Please understand that I'm new to the iphone scene and if these questions seem dumb please grant me a little slack.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys, I have pretty much the same problem like Braddie...except that it is a friend whose iphone 3g I helped to unlock and jailbreak in 3.0...he's mistaken upgraded to 3.1 (I think) and I'm kinda stumped. I do not know what baseband or for that matter what actual firmware version he may have upgraded to (last week)...there must be something I can do surely?