Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Assist After Ultrasn0w Unlock

Default Assist After Ultrasn0w Unlock
    Hi ladies and gents,

Thanks to you guys and girls I have finally managed to JB my 3g running 3.0 using Redsn0w, I then went on to use Ultrasn0w via Cydia and all was cool! Unfortunately, now I am getting no reception on either the new carrier I would like to use (Orange) nor the original O2 sim card. As I am in central London, I find it hard to believe it is the networks fault! Any help VERY much appreciated, I'm on a birthday deadline

Thanks!

Perhaps try to restart the phone. Toggle 3G and see if that makes a difference.

Sometimes there is an error where the network name does not appear in the top left but AFAIK that's only in 3.1.

If this fails try to uninstall Ultrasn0w and see if your original SIM works, then restart the process. Perhaps something went wrong?

Also, sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to resolve a network connection.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Go to settings... general... about... what is your Modem Firmware? Also try turning off your 3G.

Hi nachobel, thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled Ultrasn0w as you suggested but it still doesn't like either system, am I going to have to try and jailbreak again?!

Hi Poseidon, I am running firmware 04.26.08....hope this means something to you!
    Last edited by sara666_uk; 2009-10-13 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Thank you. 4.26.08 is exactly what you need for ultrasn0w to work. I would still suggest you reinstall and then try turning off your 3G to see if it connects to EDGE.

That baseband means that you're able to unlock your phone.

If uninstalling Ultrasn0w doesn't make things better I would try restoring to an official 3.0 (important, 3.0) firmware and test things, and then jailbreak 3.0 and test things, and then install ultrasn0w and hopefully things will work.

If you install an official 3.1 or 3.1.2 firmware, you will be completely unable to unlock your phone as of now.

Hi again, tried that and still no success! It isn't even saying no service, just the 5 bars as in no reception... Is it worth starting again with the jailbreak please?
    thanks

I would try restoring to an official 3.0 (important, 3.0) firmware and test things. Let us know if you have service after this!

I thought no one could restore to 3.0 unless they had files stored with Cydia? If they just jailbroke today there's no way they would have them stored. Or is it different for the 3G?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The stored files on Cydia are for 3GS only. You can safely restore to official 3.0 and still unlock, Just don't go above 3.0 or your baseband will update which means no more unlock.

Thanks everyone, to restore the 3.0, can i just shift/restore and use the .ipsw file I downloadd for the unlock?

thanks again!