Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok, seriously, wtf is going on???

Confucious was just referring to the new Pwnage Tool I believe.

I sold my new 3G today Looking for an unlocked one to replace it! Who thinks I should go get a factory unlocked 3Gs?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Who told you the devs aren't hard at work trying to unlock 3.1? You are going by assumptions. Sure i would love an unlock but you have to realize if there's not an unlock yet, its because they haven't found one yet
    People fail to understand that unlock's doesn't happen over night. It take A LOT of time to find holes and bugs to get in. It takes a lot of patience and talent.So you out of ALL PEOPLE shouldn't be complaining about an unlock because you are sitting comfy with an unlocked 3.0.1, meanwhile i have a friend at work with a bricked 3GS LOCKED patiently waiting for that day.

. And plus.. you're not missing much with the new firmware anyways.

How did he brick his 3Gs?

upgrading doesn't brick it. just makes it ATT only. Sell it on CL or eBay for almost what you paid for it and buy one with BB <5.

It is amazing that some company hasn't done this yet, maybe because they would make a liability their product. A chinese or russian company could do it and get away with it though. for $5/ ea. I'm sure they could make a hefty profit unlocking iPhones.

My point is basically that it will be done, if not now, within a few months probably, but we should either shut up and appreciate what is possible or put up $ for someone to put more time on it. I am glad that I have a working 3G on T-mob and am okay not having 3.1 for now and knowing that I may not be able to upgrade for some time.

oh, btw: maybe I missed what is so good about 3.1 vs 3.0 could someone tell me what the fuss is about? I understand about the people who are stuck without any unlock, but why are people so needy about upgrading if they have stable 3.0? thanks.
    Last edited by thehumble1; 2009-10-16 at 10:40 PM. Reason: 3.12

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    Who told you the devs aren't hard at work trying to unlock 3.1? You are going by assumptions.
    Try reading my other posts before accusing me of 'going by assumptions.'
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumble1 View Post
    oh, btw: maybe I missed what is so good about 3.1 vs 3.0 could someone tell me what the fuss is about? I understand about the people who are stuck without any unlock, but why are people so needy about upgrading if they have stable 3.0? thanks.
    Not too much really.
    1) Genius mixes in the iPod
    2) Genius recommendations in the App Store
    3) The App Organizer thing in iTunes works with 3.1

... iirc, I think that's it. Oh, downloading ringtones, but meh.

Yeah, not a large reason to upgrade.

Just got an iPhone 3G that wasn't updated to 3.1
    Last edited by nachobel; 2009-10-17 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Try reading my other posts before accusing me of 'going by assumptions.'
    I wasnt even talking to you. smh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12