Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock for 3gs on 3.1

Default Unlock for 3gs on 3.1
    Does anyone know if theres anybody working on an unlock for the 3gs on the latest baseband?
    Thanks

Thanks

Nobody is working on unlocking the latest BB AFAIK.
    The Dev Team are not working on this one..
    They will work on the next one and hopefully unlock it but that could be months away if ever.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

maybe u should try blackrain from geohot

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Talk about gradually losing your interest! It's a natural human tendency. While the DevTeam's unlock is free, if they welcomed donations, and only 30% of their followers donated, still that would be a significant amount of money for them. Even though the team has time and time again mentioned they're not interested in the money, doing it just for the sole purpose of knowing they can do it, pissing off steve jobs, and/or making their followers happy, eventually the process will lose its appeal. I think it should be up to the users - us - to get the team going as opposed to "bugging them" (quoting the dev team)by just asking them when the new unlock s/w comes out.. I'm stuck with a 600 dollar brick phone. You think I wouldn't pay / donate / send them a basket of fruits /etc. just to get my ibrick going? I am sure there are thousand of other ppl in my shoes.

Yeah im with you on that one aasd!

I'm fairly certain that the Dev Team isn't NOT unlocking the current baseband because they don't want to. The complications of this are not happy at all.

That said, there's currently nothing you can do, or could do in the foreseeable future to get your phone working again (with an unlock).