Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g 8gb 3.0 Firmware Bootloader 5.9 Could i unlock?

Exclamation Iphone 3g 8gb 3.0 Firmware Bootloader 5.9 Could i unlock?
    hey while i was browsing to buy an iphone 3g i came across somethign that conflicts what i know and i wanted an clarification on his description he said this

You are bidding on a used Iphone 3G 8GB Black . The iphone is good working condition. The screen is in full working condition . The back cover look nice . This IPhone 3G works perfectly. I already installed GPS Navigator Software with USA/CANADA MAP, GPS software working perfect.(It is free , NO Fee or Charge for Service). Again, this iphone already jailbreak but it does not unlocked. (Bootloader 5.9) . This iphone for AT&T carrier. If buyer used another carrier, you have responsible for unlock the phone.

now im confused. i thought as long as your on any firmware from 3.0 and lower bootloader doesnt matter you could unlock it. except if you have an iphone 3.1 firmware. does this mean that the iphone was previously updated to 3.1 and downgraded back down to 3.0?
    Last edited by vvilliamm; 2009-10-11 at 06:30 AM.

Thanks

Sounds like it.
    Tell them to check their modem firmware.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

thanks will ask them to check in there settings>general>about =]