Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No unlock for 05.11.07.

Default No unlock for 05.11.07.
    This is a post made by the dev team blog moderator (not an important member of the dev team) Confucious on the Dev Team Blog web page in the ultrasnow section,

"The Dev Team could spend all their time looking for holes in basebands but have made the decision to only unlock every other BB which is why they warn people not to upgrade.
    From MN's Twitter:
    "the BB is far too massive to play cat&mouse on for *every* update they make, so unlock oscillates between BB and bootrom RCE" "

So from what i can make out, the dev team are not even trying to unlock the baseband 05.11.07. They unlocked the last baseband 04.26.** so now they are concentrating on the bootrom RCE (what ever that is).

Confucious also stated - "I would have thought a new BB will be released and unlocked before a year is out - but as with all these things, there is no guarantee."

He also said that apple release new BB every 6 months or so. So from what i can tell there will be no cure for all thos who updated their iphone BB to 05.11.07 any time soon.

O JOY!
    Last edited by macabre; 2009-10-08 at 12:27 AM.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, sucks. I guess a lot of people are just screwed for 6-12 months. Do yall think it's possible that someone else could unlock it? They could make money on it, if they wanted to.

^
    I'm sure geo hot isn't sleeping on the job.

But I hope they don't unlock it.. as Apple will just change everything for 3.2

There was ONE thing the dev team stressed for MONTHS. DO NOT upgrade your phone when apple releases their update. repeat DO NOT upgrade when apple releases their update. Thats all i saw, and I thought to myself, who would really be that stupid to upgrade their phone... Sure enough 20% of you guys upgraded... and now are complaining that the dev wont make a 3.1 unlock? come on now... just think about it for a second...

(disregard this if you purchased your phone with 5.11, or you broke your old one and apple replaced it with a 5.11 device, in those cases, that sucks, i remember Apple replaced my old 3g with 2.2.1, back in the yellowsn0w days. I had to use a turbosim for like 5 months...)
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Yeah, mine got stolen and I bought a new one off CL right after the update was released. Unfortunate.

WOW, nice high horse you got there mister with your unlocked iphone and your im alright jake attitude. Good for you. Its nice to see your being understanding of the many people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by macabre View Post
    WOW, nice high horse you got there mister with your unlocked iphone and your im alright jake attitude. Good for you. Its nice to see your being understanding of the many people in need.
    lol i dont mean to sound like a jackass, but there was literally only one thing the dev team stressed about for weeks upon weeks, and that was to NOT upgrade with apples firmware, EVER! Like i said before for those people that bought their phones with 3.1, or had it replaced to 3.1, I do feel for you.

But those individuals who upgraded "on accident" and except the dev team to release another FREE unlock? just so apple can redo everything in a few weeks? I wouldn't waste my time building a 5.11 unlock either.. This is their hobby, not their job, why would you intentionally work twice as hard? when you can just wait it out and work once (like they did with 3.0)

instead of waiting for a 3.1 unlock (its never going to happen from the dev team), i'd start looking into selling my phone, paying a little bit more, and getting another one pre 3.1.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

trey50z (2009-10-13)

i have one 3gs 32gb and one 3g 16gb running 5.11....so it's mean i am keeping a beautifull useless brick?
    oh my god...i hate it....

well i actually ungraded my iphone to 3.1 through itunes well before i started looking at how to unlock and jail break the iphone so i havent been into the whole jailbreak culture for long at all. My mate mentioned jailbreak to me and i thought id have a look at trying to do it.

You make it sound like the dev team are repressed under paid workers who are forced into doing this rather then say spend time with their familys or go to work. we understand that its just thier hobby and they need to be given time and we need to be patient, you really aren't telling me anything new.

If the dev team want to charge for the solutions to unlock 05.11.07 they provide im sure most of us would be willing to pay. And since when do apples new releases "redo" everything. All we are looking for is a life line. some way to get unlocked again.

I dont understand where this "waste my time" rubbish is coming from. If its an unlock at the end and they achive an unlock for people to use, how would it ever be a "waste of time".

If the dev team are jus your average men with a hobby, why aren't there more teams around writting software. if they are so special then they have something they can sell. Im just finding it hard to picture the outfit, a couple of guys in a bedroom. people working in a computer lad.

I thought this was an on going battle with apple. They release, we unlock. Not we unlock 3.0.1 and then stop there and use outdated firmware from then on. Are there no benifits 05.11 has over 04.26. and if 05.11 has no new fetures or benifits, why is it so hard to unlock and write software for.
    Last edited by macabre; 2009-10-06 at 05:09 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to macabre For This Useful Post:

michada (2009-10-14)

well i actually ungraded my iphone to 3.1 through itunes well before i started looking at how to unlock and jail break the iphone so i havent been into the whole jailbreak culture for long at all. My mate mentioned jailbreak to me and i thought id have a look at trying to do it.

You make it sound like the dev team are repressed under paid workers who are forced into doing this rather then say spend time with their familys or go to work. we understand that its just thier hobby and they need to be given time and we need to be patient, you really aren't telling me anything new.

If the dev team want to charge for the solutions to unlock 05.11.07 they provide im sure most of us would be willing to pay. And since when do apples new releases "redo" everything. All we are looking for is a life line. some way to get unlocked again.

I dont understand where this "waste my time" rubbish is coming from. If its an unlock at the end and they achive an unlock for people to use, how would it ever be a "waste of time".

If the dev team are jus your average men with a hobby, why aren't there more teams around writting software. if they are so special then they have something they can sell. Im just finding it hard to picture the outfit, a couple of guys in a bedroom. people working in a computer lad.

I thought this was an on going battle with apple. They release, we unlock. Not we unlock 3.0.1 and then stop there and use outdated firmware from then on. Are there no benifits 05.11 has over 04.26. and if 05.11 has no new fetures or benifits, why is it so hard to unlock and write software for.
    It all makes sense, how you are new to the unlock scene...

First off the dev aren't looking for money, as I said this is their hobby, not job, they don't even accept donations...

since when does apple redo everything? umm how about right now? lol. The only thing the 5.11 firmware does is LOCK our phones. Apple specially released 5.11, to lock users to what carrier they support, thats the whole purpose of updating the modem firmware. (need I mention, apple released 5.11 only 2 months after 4.26) Apple did this with 2.2.1 back in the day. I understand its an unlock for people to use, but you have to understand, there are teams at apple that specially fight against jailbreaks and unlockers. The SECOND a 5.11 unlock is released, apple will make another CRAZY firmware, and we'll be in the same spot again. Versus, NOT unlocking 5.11 right now, leaving apple thinking 5.11 is perfect, they'll use 5.11 in say 3.2, and BAM the dev team are ready for it.Its not that the dev can't unlock 5.11, its just they wont release the update, yet. It would be a waste of their time, if they release 5.11 unlock now, then 2weeks later, apple has released firmware 6.20 and then theres going to be another group of people that upgraded without thinking, and are going to be complaining that the dev team hasn't released a 6.20 unlock...

This is a battle with apple, but the dev team consists of about 3 developers, versus apple's HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS. The dev team have been doing this since the beginning, if they feels its not the right time for the 5.11 unlock, your SOL.

I mean you can still jailbreak, if you were unlocked, then upgraded to 3.1, then thats completely your fault, or the person that sold you the phone.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-10-06 at 05:40 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

meth2976 (2009-10-18)

I get the feeling you didnt fully read my post but what you said in regards to the 3.2 release and "BAM" baseband unlocked makes sense. Thanks for explaining.
    Last edited by macabre; 2009-10-06 at 05:57 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I feel what everybody is sayin bout the Dev Team having to work harder, but damn usually when a lot of people are complaining about something they fix it. This would be the one time they could charge for their work. Because I see a lot of people made the big mistake of upgrading to 3.1. I got my phone on that shitty baseband. Plus I never wanted my phone unlocked til now, and I can't! This sucks! This seems like it could be a cash cow for those guy. Just my opinion.

Apparently the dev team dont want money for the work they do. Makes sense really. Moneys rubbish.

This is a post made by the dev team member Confucious on the Dev Team Blog web page in the ultrasnow section,
    I would like to make it clear that I am not a member of the Dev Team.

I just moderate the blog for them (together with angiepangie.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Good for you, thanks for clearing that up. So not from the horses mouth as i first thought.

Ok I got and OOTB 3.1 with 5.11.7 on the phone can I just jailbreak it only I don't need to unlockit

Please tell me if it's doable

you can jailbreak it. Download your jailbreak tool of choice, redsnow or pwnage tool. Download 3.1 jailbreak firmware and follow guides. You can download and find the guides all form this site.

You obviously wont be able to use 3G or edge or anything. Only wifi connection. Thanks. (im pretty sure this is all correct)

Not sure i understand this bit "Ok I got and OOTB". What did you mean?
    Last edited by macabre; 2009-10-08 at 01:12 AM.

OOTB Means "Out Of The Box"

well that won't work if I can't use 3G whatya mean or "Anything" clarify Please

Or anybody please let me know what needs to be done if can jialbreak it

Bump Please
    Last edited by Bianca; 2009-10-08 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just jailbreak normally. Download pwnage tool or a custom 3.1 or 3.0 firmware off the interwebs. Restore in iTunes and you're good to go.

Currently there's no way to unlock that baseband, but jailbreaking works fine.

A 3GS with 3.1 OOTB can not be JB with pwnage or RedSn0w
    The Dev Team have nothing to do this but Geo will be releasing something today.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Bianca (2009-10-08)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast