Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No unlock for 05.11.07.

@confucious

Im sure that you are correct. All these websites are scams. Nobody in there right minds should pay out money before a solution has been put forward. i.e until the successfully unlocked iphone is in your hand, dont pay out any cash. Donation to well known developers is the only way, and after your iphones working.

I personally dont see a solution for a while either and will be looking to swap for a lower bb 3gs, but that doesnt mean there wont be one. I think thats what people are saying, puts a bit of a downer on things. If not why not all just give up and take the sites down now.

Waiting however is an option for some people, but listening to you bash on about how youve had tea parties with the devs and they say there not going to do an unlock doesnt help those waiting. If your trying to help sit there with your nice working iphone and say 'what a shame' when you here the stories even though your probably dying to unleash another told you so.

You dont need to defend the fact you dont get your info from google? You have clearly stated your sources in previous posts. When did I say that? The point was is a bit of black magic to the common person when they research how to jb & unlock on google.

I apologise once again, but to sit here and say nothing when others are saying 'there will be an unlock soon', I think is far worse.
    People will be waiting for an unlock that IMHO just is not going to happen.
    If I had a phone on 05.11.07 I would sell it and get one that wasn't.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What about those factory unlocked units? It's obvious that the specs doesn't have any differences to any iphones around. And, I heard some foreign countries be able to unlocked phones via hardmod? I'm having vacation later this year in Philippines and was hoping maybe they can unlocked my 3GS via hardmod.
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

There are countries that sell unlocked - or more usually unlockable, phones.
    I don't believe the Philippines is one of them.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

This is going to sound bad but isn't meant to be - those filipino's can/will pretty much do anything you want re: electronics. I'm sure you can find a shop where for ~$40 they'll take apart your iPhone and rebuild your baseband, also removing any sort of sim lock your phone might have.

Here's a cool article

Unlocking iPhone 3Gs--the Vietnamese way | Crave - CNET

Be sure to post up with anything you find!

Oh and regarding your original question - iPhone 3G 3GS Factory Unlocked Confirmed List | Apple there's a list of countries where the iPhone is sold factory unlocked - meaning that particular iPhone isn't carrier locked and never will be, regardless of what software you update to or whatever.

*NB current brand new iPhone 3Gs have an issue with the current jailbreak, and only a tethered solution is available. Most of the phones you might buy *right now* factory unlocked will have likely sat around for a month or so (or more), so they won't have this issue.
    Last edited by nachobel; 2009-10-18 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ----
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by nachobel View Post
    This is going to sound bad but isn't meant to be - those filipino's can/will pretty much do anything you want re: electronics. I'm sure you can find a shop where for ~$40 they'll take apart your iPhone and rebuild your baseband, also removing any sort of sim lock your phone might have.

Here's a cool article

Unlocking iPhone 3Gs--the Vietnamese way | Crave - CNET

Be sure to post up with anything you find!

Oh and regarding your original question - iPhone 3G 3GS Factory Unlocked Confirmed List | Apple there's a list of countries where the iPhone is sold factory unlocked - meaning that particular iPhone isn't carrier locked and never will be, regardless of what software you update to or whatever.

*NB current brand new iPhone 3Gs have an issue with the current jailbreak, and only a tethered solution is available. Most of the phones you might buy *right now* factory unlocked will have likely sat around for a month or so (or more), so they won't have this issue.
    I actually might consider doing this since my parents are heading to VN soon $80 is relatively cheap imo for a permanent solution
    White 3GS 16GB 3.1.2 Unlocked Currently using
    Black 3G 8GB Backup phone
    White BNIB 3GS 32GB "dust collector"

No i apologise confucious. Was a tad harsh earlier and on a bit of a rant, I think people (myself included) dont really want to hear the truth sometimes. The fact that nobodies posting about an unlock is pretty much damming evidence. Maybe in 6 months things will be different but it best to get things sorted now really.

So had my rant at conf and then went out to get pissed last night, saw my mates brother (whos not into computers and all this update techy stuff) and was playin around with his apps and just checked settings out of interest. Still on 3.0! with the old BL! Not only that but he upgrades to a 3gs in november! Problem solved, im gonna switch with his and give him 50 for a sweetner i recon?

In regards to the hard unlock video, I researched that a few weeks ago, saw it and was shocked lol Did you see the dirty rag they dismatle it on???? But fair play theyve found a way round the problem, not sure id like my sensitive iphone tampered with like this though. It says if it goes wrong they will replace it tho, probably for a replica :-)

Bro, just be sure he understands the severity of the situation, and that he doesn't accidentally update or wipe his phone or whatever. Baby steps man, give him baby steps.
    ----
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalG View Post
    No i apologise confucious. Was a tad harsh earlier and on a bit of a rant, I think people (myself included) dont really want to hear the truth sometimes. The fact that nobodies posting about an unlock is pretty much damming evidence. Maybe in 6 months things will be different but it best to get things sorted now really.

So had my rant at conf and then went out to get pissed last night, saw my mates brother (whos not into computers and all this update techy stuff) and was playin around with his apps and just checked settings out of interest. Still on 3.0! with the old BL! Not only that but he upgrades to a 3gs in november! Problem solved, im gonna switch with his and give him 50 for a sweetner i recon?

In regards to the hard unlock video, I researched that a few weeks ago, saw it and was shocked lol Did you see the dirty rag they dismatle it on???? But fair play theyve found a way round the problem, not sure id like my sensitive iphone tampered with like this though. It says if it goes wrong they will replace it tho, probably for a replica :-)
    Their shop may not be the prettiest but they definitely have the skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 08lexus250 View Post
    Their shop may not be the prettiest but they definitely have the skills.
    Assuming it still works for the 3GS, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by nachobel View Post
    Bro, just be sure he understands the severity of the situation, and that he doesn't accidentally update or wipe his phone or whatever. Baby steps man, give him baby steps.
    Dont I know it nach! Panicing hes going to do something stupid from now until when I can get my hands on it! Hopefully all will be well.

Its rare to find someone whos willing to trade in a timly fashion tho? Hopefully be sorted soon, recon im going to offer to do the lot for him, backup, syncing my old one....the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsson View Post
    Assuming it still works for the 3GS, of course...
    I don't see why not. Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe the 3G and 3GS share the same bb chip therefore the VN teams hardware method theoretically should work. I haven't called to confirm or anything but I can find out. Well my 3GS is on a software unlock now and works great so i'm not really concerned about that. Just thought about doing it to my backup phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 08lexus250 View Post
    I actually might consider doing this since my parents are heading to VN soon $80 is relatively cheap imo for a permanent solution
    I would be extra causion about doing this "permanent solution". I am from china and we have had lots of so called "hardware unlocked" iPhone 3G/3Gs since March/April. The way they do it is to open up your iPhone and "rewrite" the serial number to fool iTunes in thinking that this is a factory unlocked phone. Most of the new serial number starts with 88827 for 3G and 87928 for 3Gs. But recently (since Oct. 14) many iPhone users found that their "hardware unlocked" 3G or 3Gs are no longer recognized by iTunes, thus cannot be connected to iTunes for activation!

That's not how these people do it (one in Vietnam, one in Mumbai, two in Pakistan and, rumour has it,one in Belgium now).

What they do is remove the BL NOR and reprogram it and then replace it.

Just changing the s/no would not work as the unlock codes are a hash key based on the s/no, IMEI and model number.

Yeah it seems like reprogramming your serial number is...a really bad idea.
    ----
    Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That's not how these people do it (one in Vietnam, one in Mumbai, two in Pakistan and, rumour has it,one in Belgium now).

What they do is remove the BL NOR and reprogram it and then replace it.

Just changing the s/no would not work as the unlock codes are a hash key based on the s/no, IMEI and model number.
    Yes! That's exactly how they did it over here, too. By reprograming the chip, a new serial number starting with 88827 is the result.

I have a series of pictures to show how they did it, but don't know how to append. the pics here!

i followed all steps by DEV team to upgrade 3.0.1. , but accidently I used 3.1 ipsw instead of 3.0.1. from apple...and that stuck my iphone 3G (16BG) to 05.11.07 with BL 5.9.. ! Is there is any remedy for this ?

Not unless you have BK 5.8. What are the first 5 digits of your s/no?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345