Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Time Unlocker

Default First Time Unlocker
    I successfully unlocked (I think) my 2G with 3.0 using Pwnage Tool. Now what? Do I just slide a T-Mobil SIM in and I am ready to rock? Do I have to do something else? Do I then activate it in iTunes? Just some simple instructions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. The T-Mobile SIM was not in the iPhone when I went through the process---is this a critical error or an error at all?
    Last edited by JurisHP; 2009-10-03 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Modding Addict

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

You should be able to put the sim in and it will work if the unlock was don properly. You may need to add APN settings, there is a guide for these settings in the top bar menu under "Guides"

Thanks! Where do I set the APN settings??
    Modding Addict

you set the apn settings up in settings<general<network<celluar data network and depending on what data plan you have is the key to what you put in the apn

i have the tmobile unlimited blackberry data plan and i use ethier wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com

Does the T-Mobile plan I have need to be changed (i.e., text messaging, minutes, etc.)?
    Modding Addict

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

To use Internet you need to have the unlimited data package

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ That would be according to your needs I guess. But you will need a data plan for internet to work of coarse.