Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ultrasn0w giving 'no service' with iphone 3g, 3.0

Default ultrasn0w giving 'no service' with iphone 3g, 3.0
    Upgraded to 3.0, jailbroke iphone, unlocked with ultrasn0w (without doing ANYTHING else in between), and im getting a 'no service' error. I'm using an american iphone in the UK with an o2 card that was working on 2.2 unlocked with yellowsn0w. when I go in the carriers list, I see the o2 carrier and I can select it, but it gives me no service.

I've tried this about 4 times. i've even tried ssh-ing and installing the .deb file of 0.6 ultrasn0w through mobileterminal. but that didn't work either. any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

turn airplane on and off then if it doesnt work go to settings-genenal-reset-reset network settingd

3. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

nish81 (2009-10-01)

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    turn airplane on and off then if it doesnt work go to settings-genenal-reset-reset network settingd

Done and done - no luck

Thanks

Check ur baseband and see if it's 4.28.0

its 04.26.08

Thanks

Ok then turn off 3g and see if it works

Tried it with 3g off and on - no luck

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    Ok then turn off 3g and see if it works
    I've had similar problems but for me Edge works. The moment I enable 3G, I get "No Service". Any solutions?

I had that problem before on 2.2.1 preserved baseband with yellowsn0w. but now I have no signal at all

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Restore to 3.0 stock. Re-run redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak and reinstall ultrasn0w .091 to unlock. Start all over from scratch.

Thanks

Dont turb on 3g if ur on tmobile. Itll give u no swrvice

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Restore to 3.0 stock. Re-run redsn0w 0.8 to jailbreak and reinstall ultrasn0w .091 to unlock. Start all over from scratch.

done - still not working

Default Maybe a hidden TurboSim inside the phone
    There are probably many reasons for no service after jailbreak and ultrasn0w, but I wanted to let y’all know what happended to Qty 2 3G phones I bought in Malaysia. Apparently, they were unlocked phones bought in Australia and brought into Hong Kong and “fixed” prior to being shipped to Malaysia. The phones originally worked fine with just about any SIM, however over time they started loosing service and with 3.0 and ultrasn0w they became close to hopeless.

With the custom 3.1 ipsw and the 3.0 baseband, I started getting No Sim. I took the 2 phones to an “iphone doctor” and decided to open up the phone to see if I might have broken some SIM contact pins:

Surprise Surprise: On the very bottom of the circuit boards, we found a TurboSIM of some sort glued on with thin copper wires running up to the SIM card holder…. We removed it and both phones are working fine.

How about them chinese…

Default Same problem after upgrade in cydia
    I haven't been in cydia in months and I usually never upgrade anything (don't fix it if it ain't broken). But for some reason I upgraded my ultrasn0w to v91 and now I get no service in places I've always gotten service. I lost service for 5 hours Sunday and it's intermittent at home. I have no idea what's going on. 3G is not on, rebooting, toggling airplane mode or popping the sim doesn't work. Last resort is to restore but all I did was just upgrade my ultrasn0w. I have tried removing it and resintalling it in cydia. Will a fresh install of FW and ultrasnow even fix that?

*edit*

I tried a restore with a custom 3.0 and 3.1 and am still getting no signal every once in a while. Please help!
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 2009-10-07 at 04:24 AM.

After installing the Ultrasn0w repo did you search cydia and install ultrasn0w?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't wat is wrong in UK i have jailbreak and unlock my iphone in india all the network work flawless but in UK its show No Service.Again i have done all the producers which u giys mention in this thread but the result is same i m not getting the signal wat is wrong happen in here in UK its really suck.

i used redsnow 0.8v and ultrasn0w 0.91v

@nish if u got signal or any thing which solved this issue plz mail yaar i m also in UK my [email protected]
    Last edited by anu0512; 2009-10-08 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markjnj View Post
    After installing the Ultrasn0w repo did you search cydia and install ultrasn0w?
    ... yes...

I still get service, I just keep losing it. The difference between no service and 3-4 bars can be as little as 1 foot away which makes no sense.

I've restored to 3.0 using PwnageTool and redsn0w and upgraded to 3.1 using PwnageTool, then installed ultrasn02 v91 through Cydia. No luck. I even did an offline install of ultrasn0w v6 and still no service inside buildings. I've read some things about MMS settings interfering with and have tried clearing them to no avail. I'm all out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by funkdr_1999 View Post
    I've had similar problems but for me Edge works. The moment I enable 3G, I get "No Service". Any solutions?
    If you have Tmo, you have to turn off 3G to get service (in some cases it doesn't affect service). Tmo's 3G doesn't work with the iPhone anyway due to different frequency capabilities so it's pointless to keep it on.
    Last edited by xjuliephanx; 2009-10-12 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't wat is wrong in UK ultrasnow is not working i saw many of people in these days