Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disillusioned

Default Disillusioned
    Boy oh boy, it takes a while to get up to speed on this stuff, so first after getting ripped off $30 from unlocktheiphone.com (they sold me the wrong ipsw and old version of redsn0w), I finally located and downloaded the correct version (iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw) for my 3G 3.0 and redsn0w 0.8 and apparently successfully jailbroke it and unlocked it (Cydia is installed), then I took it to Switzerland and two different sim cards (Yallo and SwissCom) failed to give any service, even after I tried the APN change to SwissCom, and the useless video that says to turn airplane mode off and then on again, then off and then on again... The phone accepted both sims, allowed me to unlock them with the pin, but then all I could get was a 'no service' no matter what I tried. From the sounds of things, I'm not the only person this is happening to, but I haven't found a single thread that actually reports a successful way to fix it. Getting tired, but I would really like to crack this.

Thanks for letting me vent. Any advice tia.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

you prolly missed the ultrasn0w step..this step would finally unlocked the iphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience with that company, unfortunately they are a scam and tons of people have been HAD by this company.
    If ultrasn0w is added through Cydia, that is indeed the only step. If you have added the proper APN settings for the each carrier then there is not much else that I know off that can be done really. Make sure that you re-boot after changing the APN settings in order for them to take.

Ahh...ultrasnow. What's the latest version, and got a link to it?
    Thanks guys.

you search ultrasn0w in cydia!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

simply add the repo source in Cydia.
    http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/
    Note: it is a zero not an "O" in ultrasn0w.

i'm in the same boat as you op. hopefully something comes out soon

Well thanks guys...maybe we are getting somewhere! I installed the repo ultrasn0w.com and ultrasn0w successfully. It occurred to me that now that I'm back stateside I won't have a way to test the unlock. But I put my swisscom sim in just for laughs and lo and behold I got onto the T-mobile network (maybe they have a roaming agreement?). Anyway, things look good.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

welcome to MMI.