Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 2g locked back up. How can I unlock it with while im on 3.1 firmware and on Window

Default My 2g locked back up. How can I unlock it with while im on 3.1 firmware and on Window
    I tried jailbreaking it via restoring custom firmware on iTunes. I got a 1611 error and iTunes had to restore it back with their firmware. Now when I plug it in to my pc, it says that I need a AT&T sim card to go any further. How can I unlock it back up? What a damn hassle... Thanks in advance

I can't even access my iPhone on iTunes to click on restore. It says my SIM card (T-mobile) is not supported? So how am I suppose to unlock it?

Can somebody please clear this up for me? I don't know what to do... The iPhone is my only phone.

I need help ASAP
    Last edited by g0tvtec; 2009-09-28 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I have good news and bad news for you. I'll start with the bad...

You're on windows. You need to get a hold of a Mac.

Here's the good... Once you have a Mac you can jailbreak and unlock with PwnageTool being on 3.1. Problem is if you can't find a Mac to use you can't jailbreak (essential to let you access your phone and unlock).

Semi-good news: if you are willing to do ANYTHING like take a risk, there is a forum on here that you can find a tutorial on jailbreaking 3.1 on windows. Search "how to jailbreak 3.1 on windows" and try it out. I don't know if it will work on 2G but you can try.

If you can get on a Mac I can direct you in the right direction to jailbreak your phone. Just let me know.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

^ yup, spot on.
    And to add you must be real brave to try that jailbreak. Shouldn't be long for a new 3.1 J/B to be released.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Right. That jailbreak is unofficial and not 100% successful. Try holding on and waiting for the windows jailbreak tool to be released just like blkcadi said.