Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Iphone 3gs 3.1

Thanks

Default Unlocking Iphone 3gs 3.1
    Hi guys i just recently got a Iphone 3gs 3.1 version an the modem firmware is 05.11.07. I was wondering if i can unlock it to use it with a T-Mobile sim card. can someone reply back an tell me what sup cause im kinda slow with these stuff. Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Unfortunately you won't be able to unlock because your baseband is 5.11.07

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

pe0plezxarmy (2009-09-27)

As in never ever EVER be unlocked again via software? What about the actual provider does the unlock on my device?

Regards

Thanks

Hi Anniex423, so in this case i cant unlock the phone? wat if one of these iphone team comes up with a software an stuff would be able to unlock it then.
    Thanks

Thanks

If the Dev team or someone else finds an exploit in the new baseband, you will be unlocked.
    Keep in mind though that there is a very high possibility that a new exploit won't be found and even if one is found, it will take a really long time.

In other words, it *might* be possible to unlock in the future, but probably not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmaWork View Post
    As in never ever EVER be unlocked again via software? What about the actual provider does the unlock on my device?

Regards
    It depends on the country/provider your phone is locked to.
    Some carriers do offer the unlock for the iPhone but I know most do not.
    In the US, AT&T will not unlock your iPhone for you no matter what.
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-09-27 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Great... i am AT&T... you know that feeling you wanna smash the iphone into a million ibits n ipieces but its just too damn pretty. Talk about stuck between a "glass" rock and a hard place.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

The baseband upgrade is the issue. You can search to see if it can be downgraded, I'm not sure if it can be done for that paricular badband and the 3gs bootloader. I also don't know if an unlck by carrier will work but chances are if it isn't factory unlocked it isn't doable until the dev team as mentioned above finds an exploit.

I'm also pretty sure the dev team isn't planning on releasing a new software unlock anytime soon regarding the new baseband just because they very dedicatedly promote you to make sure you don't accidentally upgrade your baseband. I can't say it's guaranteed but it doesn't seem likely.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2009-09-27 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Currently the 3GS baseband cannot be downgraded and only a very few amount of 3G basebands can.

And they'll release one as soon as they find one and thinks the time is right. It'll be a long wait though...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Agreed ^^ the baseband downgrade for bootloader 5.8 on the 3G took a long long time to be released.

Thanks

Mhm... and doesn't look like there's any usable exploits in any newer bootloaders...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I don't know what bootloader the 3GS runs on but for 5.9 that's hasn't even been released has it?aside from that you can always hope for a turbo sim to be released for that baseband. I haven't seen any though. Best bet probably to sell the phone and get another in hopes it comes with 3.0.1

Thanks

No exploit has been found in BL 5.9 yet so the answer would be no (sad because I had to get my 5.08 phone replaced under warranty and now it's 5.09.. I miss the extra security).
    I don't think there are any turbosims for 3+ yet.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

whoadie (2009-09-28)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Right. Mine is a 5.8. My friend (the one you just answered the question to about the frozen lockscreen) has 5.9 had to wait for ultrasn0w to get rid of her turbo sim. Lol I hate her phone.

Thanks

I was a yellowsn0w user until the release of ultrasn0w.
    I love the Dev Team
    (and conversations with them are always interesting )

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

So embarrassing she was yellowsn0w too I accidentally upgraded her baseband (chose wrong ipsw lol) but yeah maybe one day the dev team will release a new unlock for the many unfortunate ones out there.

Thanks

See I would kill anyone that updated my phone...
    We get so many, "my friend updated it!" "My GF thought she was doing me a favor!" etc. over at the Dev Team's blog
    They will when they find one... Hopefully there'll at least be some piggyback sims so we can recommend SOMETHING other than sell your phone...

Thanks

ok thanks alot guys u guys broke it down to me clearly now. so right now its a matter of time for me an if not imma sell it an get another one. thank you guys so much

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Lol true but I actually know what I'm doing I was just sleepy -.- I just researched and the latest turbo sim is for 3.0.1 (don't know why if there is ultrasn0w lol) but no 3.1. Doesn't look like gevey is working on anything either

Thanks

Haha. Sure thats what they all say

Quote Originally Posted by pe0plezxarmy View Post
    ok thanks alot guys u guys broke it down to me clearly now. so right now its a matter of time for me an if not imma sell it an get another one. thank you guys so much
    That's what we're here for.. sorry to have to deliver the bad news

Thanks

Poor me :*(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast