Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 2G Unlock Advice Now on 3.1 Today

Thanks

Default My 2G Unlock Advice Now on 3.1 Today
    I downloaded the 3.1 from itunes but never installed when asked. I downloaded a custom 3.1 fw (Note: I did not use Pwnage tool to create it either). Anyway, I decided to just plug my iphone in and held option then clicked restore (Note:I did not put into DFU mode either) selected the custom 3.1 ipsw from my desktop, and I let it extract and completely run its course. I did not take my sim card out nor did I do anything else. When the box saying its been restored to factory settings I unplugged and let it continue to run and unlock itself until the lockscreen. Tmobile appeared 5 bars and E and cydia installed. I plugged back into itune and selected new User and sync from there my movies podcast etc. I also did a test call. So, I got no 1600 errors or any other weird things. No Pwnage tool used No DFU mode No Tmobile Sim Removed. I regularaly synced my iphone to change movies on it or add/remove apps just normal everyday sync.

Do you know if this will work on Windows? I have a Jailbroken 2G 3.1(thanks to blackra1n) but it is not unlocked. I could use redsnow...however my HOME BUTTON is non responsive and I have no way of putting the phone into DFU mode (grrr). Everything I've read on this forum thus far wants me to put it into DFU mode. Help?

What version of iTunes are you running? I'm still on 8.2.

be-careful while restoring your iphone mate

I am running iTunes 8.2 as well.