Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Start from scratch,need help!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I asked what version of iTunes you have in above posts, let me know and we will move on from there.

ok, on the itunes page how can i see what itunes version it is? I only downloaded it about 2 hours ago so im presuming its the latest one maybe. Any ideas where i can find this information out for you?

Thanks

if you click on Help and go yo about it will show you what version it is. Most likely it is 9.0 so your going to have to downgrade iTunes to 8.2 or 8.2.1. A simple Google search will get you the info on how to do it if your unsure.

Hi! its just finished. it is itunes 9 (9.0.1.8) It is saying the sim card inserted does not support the itunes carrier? Whats your thoughts? Thanks again

Thanks

Downgrade your iTunes to 8.2 or 8.2.1 as I stated and then restore to 3.0 on the phone and re-jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thats because it's not unlocked. I hope when you said it was downloading to the phone you meant itunes was downloading it. You didn't notice anything on the screen of your phone at that time did you?

Yeah itunes was downloading it. the screen on the phone was black with nothing on it untill it said on iphone it was extracting then a bar came up on the screen of the phone. is that ok?

Thanks

No, sounds to me like you just put 3.1 on your phone, go to the settings and see what it says.

I cant get into settings cuz the only thing that comes up is the slide for emergency. is there any way of getting to the settings or starting the phone up properly?

Thanks

You can take the sim out and it might let you get in then, not sure because its not activated.

hi kwine. I just took out the sim to find that the phone had already been unlocked because there was a 3 sim card in there. Which is what i wanted to do before i reset everything like an idiot!! if 3.1 is now on the phone which im guessing it is can be unlocked again to enable me to use my sim card? taking the sim out didnt work eithe! thanks,

Thanks

3.1 is unlockable at this time. I'm afraid you will have to wait and hope the Developer Team can get it unlocked soon.

yeah i thought as much. I dont understand why the chap before told me to go ahead and install it if he knew it was going to be 3.1 Frustating! He wasnt making any sense to me saying one thing then another. He said i'll be fine if ive got vista, what did he mean by that? thanks again

And why did he want to know what itunes it was and saying for me to downgrade to 8.1.1? any ideas?
    Last edited by jimmy6646; 2009-09-25 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That chap was a she. She's very sharp with the iphone, there just must have been a misunderstanding there. The itunes thing, some firmware is only compatible with certain itunes programs and with the newest itunes you never know what kinds of problems it could cause until it was to late.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kwine For This Useful Post:

jimmy6646 (2009-09-25)

Thanks for that Kwine, Im still gonna download 8.1.1 itunes if it helps.

Thanks

Yup, unfortunately by updating the phone to 3.1 it has changed the baseband. why I told you not to update iTunes to 9.0
    More sad news, you may have made it so the phone may not be unlocked again. We can only hope that they come out with a new jailbreak/unlock for this new OS

Yes and sorry I left you for a while, I am at work and got tied up for a while, dam job.

What would you say the best solution for the phone is? Would I be able to put an O2 sim in pay as you go or monthly as a selling on point as this is the iphones carrier or network over here? thanks

Thanks

Yes, you will be able to use it with an official carrier sim of coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Are you Windows or Mac? Hopefully you didn't update iTunes and are still on 8.2 or 8.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy6646 View Post
    Im on windows, and now i havent chose the way itunes say to restore the latest version

windows vista! Thanks,
    OK, then a restore will be fine and you'll be able to jailbreak.
    Thankyou, Its downloading 3.1 os version now to the phone. will I still be able to unlock it now to enable me to use my 3 network sim card in it?
    No, if you put 3.1 you will not be able to unlock it.
    As you can see here I told you not to update your iTunes to 9.0 3.1 on your phone.

yeah i thought as much. I dont understand why the chap before told me to go ahead and install it if he knew it was going to be 3.1 Frustating! He wasnt making any sense to me saying one thing then another. He said i'll be fine if ive got vista, what did he mean by that? thanks again

And why did he want to know what itunes it was and saying for me to downgrade to 8.1.1? any ideas?
    Wrong, I didn't say that as you can see. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-09-25 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

jimmy6646 (2009-09-25)

No worries, Just thought you might of known it was the latest version of itunes when I said I just downloaded it only a couple of hours ago. Not a problem. How much do you think i could get for just the phone on ebay with the state its in and not sure of its origin? Thanks

Thanks

I'd say for a 3g phone in good condition you should be able to get at least $300.00 or more on eBay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast