Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unique ID that geohot mentions. what about for hacktivated phones?

Default unique ID that geohot mentions. what about for hacktivated phones?
    On the iPhone: usbdump huh? how?

so you know this thing mentioned in the geohot post above?

I don't understand what it is or what I need to do.

I have a iphone 3gs that I bought BEFORE the upgrade to 3.1 was live and it's sitting in the box waiting to be jailbroken and unlocked.

I'm a tmobile customer and don't know if I should hacktivate it or try somehow to get an att sim that will officially activate it.

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks

Get an AT&T sim from eBay, they're about $3 bucks. If you (h)activate you will lose push notification.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by geo411m View Post
    Get an AT&T sim from eBay, they're about $3 bucks. If you (h)activate you will lose push notification.
    Is there an online guide for how to activate using a ATT sim purchased on ebay? :-)

Is there an app for that? or maybe an iclarified guide.

Did the online activation with ATT sim change with the advent of 3.1? I won't be using 3.1 yet as it is not unlockable with 3gS but I just want to make sure i can still activate on 3.0 with a bought att sim.

I also heard reports of people saying if you activate with a friends sim, then you / or they get all of the other person's pushes. That could be bad if it is from a stranger from ebay in terms of privacy.

can someone please comment on that?