Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking and Itunes 9

Question Unlocking and Itunes 9
    I managed not to Brick my iphone by unlocking and jailbreaking my iphone 3gs. And my 3 network card is working great. I was just wondering what to do next with itunes9 app store. Is it OK to still download from itunes 9 app store, with the 3 sim card in my iphone or would it be better to just put the 02 sim card back in while dealing with itunes9 app store? I read some where that people had problems and itunes wouldn't recognize the sim or something.

You need to give us more info. What firmware are you on?. For the sim cards, once your phone is jailbroken and unlocked, the app store does not affect your phone. It will be activated.

Default Firmware
    My Firmware is 3.0.1 unlocked and jailbroken. I know NOT to update to the 3.1 firmware! I was more concerned about the app store that when I connect my unlocked iphone that it would recognize my imei and would see that I've got the wrong sim in and than lock my phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just hacked the iphone and can't seem to get the iTunes to work.It is saying that my sim is not recognized.
    What should I do??Any sort of help would be appreciable.
    Thanks in advance.
    mod/edit links removed

same here - sucks, phone jumps into - connect to iTunes. Has signal but can only call emergency

Phone was activated by itunes with original sim, and than jb

Ruben