Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Service after unlock

Default No Service after unlock
    Hi,

I jailbroke my iphone 3g on firmware 3.0.1 using redsn0w on windows xp. Everything went fine not one problem. i then went on cydia app and installed ultrasn0w from repo666.ultrasn0w.com which also installed fine.

The problem is now that when i put a sim in the phone or reboot it just says searching for 2-3mins then displays no service. Every guide and post by users say you should be working as soon as you reboot from ultrasn0w install. I cant find any other steps i need to take on the forums. Im a bit stuck.

Uninstall ultrasn0w and reinstall it. Reboot your phone and you should be good but make sure your sim is already in the phone when you are installing ultrasn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    Uninstall ultrasn0w and reinstall it. Reboot your phone and you should be good but make sure your sim is already in the phone when you are installing ultrasn0w.
    I did try doing this this morning but the ipod just done the same searching, no sevice thing. I will try to reinstall ulrasn0w now just to make sure.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled ultrasn0w. the phone still has not connected to service after 1 hr. i am very upset seen as from what i can find from searching i am the only person with this problem.
    Last edited by macabre; 2009-09-17 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Restore with a custom firmware to 3.1. If you need the file, I can provide it as I have 3 macs and my phone is on 3.1 with a custom firmware. From there, install ultrasn0w from cydia.

make sure 3g is off if your using tmobile. And if your sim card is a brand new gophone sim card from a gophone you just bought, you will get no service.

Do you think upgrading to 3.1 firmware will solve the issue? I thought 3.1 was still new and still had problems. Would i custom restore through itunes holding shift/apple key while clicking restore or would i need to do it through redsn0w or pwnage tool. If you could provide me with the custom firmware for 3.1 id be very grateful.

i get no service on my 3.1 3g iphone... and also it used to work but it doesnt now.. i've tried disabling 3g, toggling airplane mode, uninstalling, reinstalling, and i still get no service
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Im stuck here guys. I think im gonna restore using itunes and then try jailbreaking again. If i uninstall ultrasn0w and put an 02/at&t sim in it works fine. Full signal. Seems its something wrong with jailbreak or ultrasn0w from what i can tell.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've got exactly the same problem 'No Service' after using a custom firmware - can anyone please help and advise how I can get this working

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    I've got exactly the same problem 'No Service' after using a custom firmware - can anyone please help and advise how I can get this working

Thanks in advance.
    Thank god for that, managed to restore my phone back to firmware 3.0 using redsnow - now I have a service again and can make calls etc etc....

I think i'll wait until te dev team update redsnow for 3.1
    Last edited by ady199; 2009-09-18 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

did you guys try resetting the network

setting>general>reset>reset network settings

worked for me when i got no service after a custom upgrade

I have the same issue but i used pwange tool custom firmware 3.1 and i think i now have bootloader 5.9 so i cant unlock for my tmobile service...at least thats what i think anyone can help please? I thought you only get the 5.9 if you update threw itunes with there firmware i updated mine threw the custom pwange firmware and still cant get it unlocked.
    Last edited by automoglow; 2009-09-23 at 06:49 PM.

hey guys i have 3G 3.1.3 BB 5.12.01, i unlocked it using ultrasnow, had signal for a while but now says no service, tried resetting network settings still same!!!can anyone help????