Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Unlocking 3g: "You are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

Default Help Unlocking 3g: "You are not subscribed to a cellular data service"
    Hey guys,

I just got an iphone 3g and unlocked it using redsn0w and ultrasn0w. I put in my SIM card and am able to make calls and texts. However, I'm not able to use EDGE and get web browsing capabilities. The iphone gives me an error message that says "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

I am a tmobile subscriber with the data plan. I have an old blackberry and it works fine still.

A lot of the FAQs online said to "virginize" the iphone using restore feature on itunes and try the whole unlocking process again. However, with the new firmware release, my phone would be upgraded to 3.1 and not unlockable (??).

I apologize if this question has been asked before, i searched the forums and looked online and couldn't seem to find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, I love my iphone!!

Thanks
    I had the same problem when I updated my 3g to 3.0 I am on O2 in the uk. I solved it by re-entering the settings manually and it has worked fine ever since

if your using t mobile the settings are wap.voicestream.com in apn settings