Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking my iphone

Cool unlocking my iphone
    I have a 3g iphone it was unlocked and I think jail broke. I updated software in Itunes and everything is now wiped out do I need to unlock my phone again. Someone please help.

So you are on 3.1. People, you really have to look on forums and follow theses issues within an rss feed. Its been announced since Sept 9th that if you want your phone unlocked and jailbroken, you have to wait for pwnage tool. If you upgraded to 3.0, you may be out of luck forever because ultrasn0w will no longer work and it may be impossible to unlock it in the future. You should have waited. Keep looking on here to see what can be done but since your baseband has been upgraded, there is nothing you can do. If you don't need the unlock, then your phone will activate and work but you'll have to wait for the jailbreak from the dev team. Pay a visit to Dev-Team Blog for updates on the unlocking and jailbreak tools.

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    So you are on 3.1. People, you really have to look on forums and follow theses issues within an rss feed. Its been announced since Sept 9th that if you want your phone unlocked and jailbroken, you have to wait for pwnage tool. If you upgraded to 3.0, you may be out of luck forever because ultrasn0w will no longer work and it may be impossible to unlock it in the future. You should have waited. Keep looking on here to see what can be done but since your baseband has been upgraded, there is nothing you can do. If you don't need the unlock, then your phone will activate and work but you'll have to wait for the jailbreak from the dev team. Pay a visit to Dev-Team Blog for updates on the unlocking and jailbreak tools.
    Oops, I meant (if you upgraded to 3.1) not 3.0.
    Last edited by satch2501; 2009-09-14 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

U qouted yourself and merged the post instead of editing the original post for one digit...(3.0 was supposed to be 3.1)

Smart
    Last edited by z3r01; 2009-09-14 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Default Downgrade from FW 3.1 (NO!!! NOT 3GS)
    note: NOT for 3GS
    This will NOT downgrade the updated baseband => Can't yet be UNLOCKED

1. You need your iphone in DFU mode. Then in iTunes HOLD shift and click restore select desired FW e.g. 3.0.

2. After you will get an error 1015 in iTunes, ignore this, your iPhone will remain in DFU mode. Next download iRecovery http://www.zaksenterprises.com/index...tartdown&id=32
    You need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and libusb (inside the iRecovery folder)

In command prompt locate iRecovery folder and type "iecovery.exe -s" ,
    once loaded type "fsboot" , to restart the iphone.

The iPhone is now downgraded

Run redSn0w to jailbreak

PS. This does NOT downgrade the baseband
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**