Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G 3.1 Jailbreak

Default Iphone 3G 3.1 Jailbreak
    Hey All,

Anyone heard about release date from the Dev team for a redSn0w that will jailbreak Iphone 3.1?

Some people are saying Redsn0w 8.0 works , but this isn't the case, I have tested this.

Do u mean 0.8? and yes it does not work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to josito For This Useful Post:

Dman72 (2009-09-12)

Umm. yeah I know. Did you read the question?

Anyone heard about release date from the Dev team for a redSn0w that will jailbreak Iphone 3.1?

I am wondering if there is a new version available for 3.1 jailbreaking.

Thanks

we all want the 3.1 jailbreak and praying for it sooner rather than 3.1.1 later

So I guess that is a no? I just updated my device this morning and assumed there would be a way to jailbreak. My mistake.. I guess I will just have to queue up with the rest of you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuggler's Avatar
    Thanks

read up on the dev team blog, they'll be the ones to announce any news of a 3.1 jailbreak, and by the way there is no such thing as redsn0w 8.0, only 0.8.
    Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.
    - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Thanks

lol. the Dev team don't give out ETAs since the yellowsn0w and ultrasn0w catastrophe...
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Many jailbreak programs are waiting on the next update 3.1.1. But the good new is that this update is said to be released on the 25th of September. I doubt that anyone will release a jailbreak for the 3.1.0. Apple is making it harder to write breaks. They are even offering a solution to jailbreaking. It is a program simmilar to cydia call rock your phone. While is no where near as powerful. Although apple is talking about giving users the main reason they jail break and that is winterboard. If this comes on a non-jailbreak expect most dev to slow down creating jailbreak. We will see what apple does. Also the jailbreak for 3.1.1 will most Likely be out end of september early October.

The Dev Team have said they are not waiting for the 25th
    They are very busy working on pwnage.
    It will be released when it's ready.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jon View Post
    Many jailbreak programs are waiting on the next update 3.1.1. But the good new is that this update is said to be released on the 25th of September. I doubt that anyone will release a jailbreak for the 3.1.0. Apple is making it harder to write breaks. They are even offering a solution to jailbreaking. It is a program simmilar to cydia call rock your phone. While is no where near as powerful. Although apple is talking about giving users the main reason they jail break and that is winterboard. If this comes on a non-jailbreak expect most dev to slow down creating jailbreak. We will see what apple does. Also the jailbreak for 3.1.1 will most Likely be out end of september early October.
    Rock your phone is not by apple and requires jailbreaking.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

dont know if peeps from this thread already but there is a jailbreak but for mac only at this time. PC user we just have to wait on it!

^ Did you know that angie?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^NO WAY

First of all, if you have a 3g iPhone running 3.1, there is a way to downgrade it back to 3.0 or 3.0.1. Just do it through iTunes (you will get an error but that is fine). Use iRecovery to kick the phone out of recovery mode and then use RedSn0w 0.7 to jailbreak. Keep in mind that unlock is not possible since the baseband gets upgraded with the 3.1 upgrade.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shah194 For This Useful Post:

pianomanrcj (2009-09-26)

Quote Originally Posted by shah194 View Post
    First of all, if you have a 3g iPhone running 3.1, there is a way to downgrade it back to 3.0 or 3.0.1. Just do it through iTunes (you will get an error but that is fine). Use iRecovery to kick the phone out of recovery mode and then use RedSn0w 0.7 to jailbreak. Keep in mind that unlock is not possible since the baseband gets upgraded with the 3.1 upgrade.
    Im not sure if this is correct. I thought you have to use rensn0w 0.8 to jailbreak 3.01?

Also after the error in itunes ( Error 1510 ) you can also connect the device to Quickpwn 2.2 and then back in Itunes.

so if we used pwange tool 3.1 and jailbroke your telling me i cant unlock my 3G now? i thought pwange made the custom firmware so it doesnt update the baseband....

No, your fine, this is just for the people that upgraded to 3.1 before the new tool was out and have changed the baseband, but wanted to roll back to 3.01

well i tried using ultrasnow and it didnt work after i used the pwnage 3.1tool so i dunno what is wrong then cuz i cant unlock it

I can't really comment, only to say that once the baseband is changed you can't use Ultrasn0w to unlock it. What is your phones current baseband?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast