Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G 3.1 Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    You can find yourself a custom ipsw and shift+restore to that.
    That's what me and Confucious did (we're both on windows)
    You guys used a custom 3.1 ipsw? Where can I find that? Ive never used torrents?

Angie and I know someone with a Mac that created ours for us.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Angie and I know someone with a Mac that created ours for us.
    I dont know anyone like that? What else besides cydia does it have? Can one of you guys help me out please? Have u guys experienced any problems with any apps or syncing since loading your custom ipsw?
    Last edited by ciph7; 2009-10-04 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you mean
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I'm not quite sure what you mean
    I dont know anyone with a mac. Can u provide a link to download the custom 3G 3.1 ipsw that u used? If not can I go back and restore to my old 3.0 ipsw and rejailbreak it with redsnow? I dont need 3.1 for mms that bad. I can wait for devteam to update redsnow. Ive read posts where people have had problems doing this.
    Last edited by ciph7; 2009-10-04 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks

No I can not.
    Google it - you'll find some.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

7. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

ciph7 (2009-10-04)

No I can not.
    WOW! Did I say something wrong? Ok, thanks anyway for at least sending me in the right direction.

No I can not.
    Dont mean to be a pest but can I go back and restore to my old 3.0 ipsw and rejailbreak it with redsnow? I dont need 3.1 for mms that bad. I can wait for devteam to update redsnow. Ive read posts where people have had problems doing this.
    Last edited by ciph7; 2009-10-04 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ahaha. No you didn't say anything wrong.
    I just can't share my source, that's all.

mhm.. just go into DFU mode, and shift+restore to 3.0.

Ahaha. No you didn't say anything wrong.
    I just can't share my source, that's all.

mhm.. just go into DFU mode, and shift+restore to 3.0.
    I just went into dfu mode and restored to 3.0 twice and got an error both times which put the phone back into recovery mode. Should I just restore back to 3.1 like earlier this morning?

Thanks

What's the error message you get?

What's the error message you get?
    The error says:
    "The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred(1015)Then its back in recovery mode

is there any possible way for me to get my phone alive again. i have a 3gs and i did a factory reset to it. the only thing im having problem with is bring it back to life it is stuck in the apple start up screen. i tried using redsn0w already to jail/break and unlock but after the pineapple screen was complete it kept going to the apple start up screen. i also bought got the phone before they were set with 3.1 .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Downgrade your iTunes to 8.2, and then shift-restore to 3.0 or 3.0.1. That should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ciph7 View Post
    The error says:
    "The iphone "iphone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred(1015)Then its back in recovery mode
    Just restore again from Recovery mode and it will format the NAND correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by allurevibe View Post
    is there any possible way for me to get my phone alive again. i have a 3gs and i did a factory reset to it. the only thing im having problem with is bring it back to life it is stuck in the apple start up screen. i tried using redsn0w already to jail/break and unlock but after the pineapple screen was complete it kept going to the apple start up screen. i also bought got the phone before they were set with 3.1 .
    SSH in and rename mobilewatchdog.bundle (don't forget to rename it back once the device has booted)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

you can downgrade the firmware...its the baseband you cannot downgrade get the facts right.

Thanks

^Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Just restore again from Recovery mode and it will format the NAND correctly.

SSH in and rename mobilewatchdog.bundle (don't forget to rename it back once the device has booted)
    I had the same error (1015), the fix that I used was

1) after you get the error in Itunes - Shut it down and put reboot your phone
    2) Install and open Quickpwn 2.2 - Select 3.0 firmware and click next
    3) This will bring it back to restore mode.
    4) OPen itubnes and you device should be detected, the you will get the " your device is now activated message, the phone will restart again and away you go.

This seem to be a common fault with downgrading 3.1 - 3.01 , this wont change the base band, so if you are using ultrasn0w you are out of luck, but it will go back to 3.01 so you can jailbreak again.

Also, this worked for me with Itunes 9.0, so no need to revert back to 8.*

Any questions, let me know.

R

Green Apple
    Thanks

how did you unlock your iphone on 3.1 so that you can use you t-mobile simcard? I need help with mine.

How did you get to 3.1? If you just updated in iTunes and now have BB 05.11.07 you can't unlock.

Is there an unlock for 3.1.x out now or not yet? From what I read on iClarified, blackra1n can both unlock and jailbreak the 3G/3Gs on 3.1.2 firmware... true or no?
    -Ivan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast