Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G 3.1 Jailbreak

i cant see what the baseband is cuz its in recovery mode i downloaded itunes 8.2 and im trying to go from 3.1 back to 3.0.1 and im getting error 1510 right at the end?? get i get it out of recovery without a restore?

ok so i unlocked 3.1 with the pwange tool and my baseband is 5.11.07 but fuzzyband wont downgrade it because the bootloader is not 5.8 so does that mean i cant unlock? Also i place a legit ATT iphone sim in the phone and it didn't work as well whys that?

You can't unlock and the reason you can't use your AT&T card id because you let pwnage activate for you.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You can't unlock and the reason you can't use your AT&T card id because you let pwnage activate for you.
    ok so how can i get it so i can use any att sim in the iphone or even a legit att sim thats on a iphone plan?

Create a custom ipsw and don't select the activate option.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

ok so just run the pwange3.1 tool and jailbreak again and uncheck the activate and i should be good?

Thanks

Yup!
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

so why would anyone downgrade if they still cant unlock??

Thanks

Perhaps to jailbreak?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

so i got my phone jailbroke/unlocked with the 3.1 update, but now my MMS doenst work, as well as it no longer says the name of my carrier in the upper left hand side of the screen? I can still make and recieve calls, use the web/data etc... but just no MMS btw. I have tmobile with my iphone.

Any Ideas?

What country? I have MMS on T-Mobile in the UK.

Thanks

My best bet would be the US.. (working on T-mobile US for me btw)

Do you have the cellular data settings?

Just to try and get back on track. Any news on redsn0w for 3.1? There seems to be a few torrents with redsn0w 0.9 available? IS this by the dev team? and for 3.1? If not any news about the 3.1 jailbreak release date? For Windows PC.

Cheers Guys.

Thanks

Nope. Don't worry - when there is you'll know.
    I would stay away from those torrents if I were you though...

^ Did you know that angie?
    guess I did set myself up for that one!!

I did try to jailbreak my 3g iphone firmware 3.1 with redsnow8 but nop.
    And i have the same problem with downgrading to 3.0.1 or 3.0 . error.

ReSn0w does not work with 3.1
    What error did you get when you tried to downgrade?

ReSn0w does not work with 3.1
    What error did you get when you tried to downgrade?
    What app works with 3.1 for Windows? Did you use Ultrasnow for your 3G? I thought redsnow08 worked for 3.1 as well and upgraded to the iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw from iclarified this morning. I havent updated the carrier settings yet? If there is no way to just jailbreak (dont need to unlock), can I just restore to my old jailbroken 3.0?
    Last edited by ciph7; 2009-10-04 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks

You can find yourself a custom ipsw and shift+restore to that.
    That's what me and Confucious did (we're both on windows)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast