Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Hacktivate iPhone 2G?

Default How to Hacktivate iPhone 2G?
    Hi, I recently got an iPhone from someone who bought it in Amerika (I'm from Europe).
    Now the iPhone is (stupidly) restored to it's original firmware and I can't even get into the menu. It says it needs to be activated by a valid SIM but as you can guess, I don't have that.
    The problem is when I try to open it in iTunes I get the message that I don't have a valid sim, so it gives no information on what firmware it is.

I tried Quickpwn => problem was it couldn't detect the inplugged iPhone (needed in iTunes)
    I also tried Pwnage 2.0 => when I had to put the custom restored firmware in the iPhone via iTunes it started loading and then said it could not restore the iPhone: error.
    I also tried Pwnage 2.2 => my bootloaders weren't accepted even though they were the right ones.
    Redsn0w => how jailbreak it before activating it when I can't even get into my menu.

Please I need help!

Thanks

The phone requires UNLOCKING (and possibly Jailbreaking)
    1 - try redsn0w
    2 - make sure to read and 100% understand the tutorials
    3 - Run Redsn0w

4 - If that does not do the trick - then you must restore in iTunes
    5 - DL FW 3.0 (NOT!!! 3.0.1) here: iPhone Firmwares download | iPhone Firmware
    6 - Make 100% certain to set up the phone as a NEW PHONE after restore in iTunes
    7 - Run redsn0w
    8 - depending of carrier you need to fix and set the APN (to access internet/data on your phone line...Wifi internet will work though)
    9 - Google "APN+Carrier name+Country" and you will find the settings. (U can also call ur carrier)
    10 - If you don't know how to get it in Download "iPhone Configuration Utility" from Apple - READ instructions!!!!!
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Thanks!
    But I finally managed to do the trick with pwnage tool 3.01.
    20 minutes and it was unlocked and completely operational.
    But thanks again for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by littleweasel View Post
    Thanks!
    But I finally managed to do the trick with pwnage tool 3.01.
    20 minutes and it was unlocked and completely operational.
    But thanks again for your help!
    I am suffering from similar prob as you did. Could you guide me how to solve it in details ? Am not really computer savvy

^Use the Iclarified tutorial on how to unlock 2g on 3.0 firmware. RedSn0w is quite easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    ^Use the Iclarified tutorial on how to unlock 2g on 3.0 firmware. RedSn0w is quite easy to use.
    Get stuck right at the beginning. Firstly, i m using windows xp with iTunes 9.0 and quickpwn 2.2.5-2. Secondly, iTunes couldn't support my SIMM thus no access to 'restore' button....

Yes I had the exact same problem with both redsn0w and quickpwn. Because they require that you see a restore button in the beginning.
    Use Pwnage tool latest version (has to be compatible with the firmware that is now on your iPhone)
    Follow the manual in the program and than you have to push some buttons (the program will show exactly which buttons and how long you have to press them. When this is done, you are able to use the restore button in iTunes (it should be the same for windows (I used mac)). If I remember correctly you have to right click the restorebutton and select the restorefirmware that you made with the pwnage tool before.
    Last edited by littleweasel; 2009-11-03 at 11:38 PM.

Plz help. I have a 2g iphone that is supposedly unlocked, but when I put my go phone chip in it says to connect to itunes. I have jailbroken with redsnow and 3.0 firmware twice. Once with the gophone sim chip in the phone. I tried bootnueter, but it won't unlock because it's already unlocked. What am I doing wrong?