Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't send SMS on Talkmobile (UK)

Default Can't send SMS on Talkmobile (UK)
    Hi Folks,
    Got what I thought was a great deal on a SIM from Talkmobile in the UK with an unlocked / jailbroken 3GS.

I pay 30p a day for 25Mb of 3G data and have cheap international calls to the US for about 7p a min.

Only problem is that I can't send SMS either in the UK or Interntantionally. I've check the SMC number is the correct one as reported by Talkmobiles service rep (+447785014318) and I have the correct APN data settings for the network:

APN: payg.talkmobile.co.uk
    U:WAP
    P:WAP

I receive texts just find but can't send.
    Some folks have said older SIM's don't work but this is a new SIM purchased just the other day so don't think that's it.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Adam.

Thanks

First - there's a lot of talk that the SIM would affect callin, texting etc... That is just plain wrong. The SIm is just an idenitifier and has some storage capacity for contacts and messages.

I would suggest that you download iPhoneConfigUtility from Apple (free) and walk trough the different settings you need. The program will then produce a small "settings file" that you should email to yourself.
    Open the email on your iPhone - click on the attachment - the settings will propagate into your iPhone.

If that does not work... then do a complete restore (do NOT use iTunes backup!!!) Set up as a NEW iPhone in iTunes. Install the settings file as above.

You should now be fine!

For Windows Download here: iPhone Configuration Utility 2.0 for Windows

For Mac:iPhone Configuration Utility 2.0 for Mac OS X
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Default Free SMS services
    Hey, I've found this site called FreebieSMS that says it offers free text messages to UK mobile phones, I've got a friend of mine in London, and I want to send him a text for his birthday, is it reliable? ; If you search under free sms in Google you'll see the site I'm talking about... please reply soon.