Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need activation HELP!!

Default Need activation HELP!!
    Hey guys this is my first time on here so I'm expecting big things.
    I have purchased an iphone off a guy and had problems and ended up that the apple store replaced it.... So I jailbroke it right away with redsn0w on my Mac and then unlocked it with Ultrasn0w cause it is on 3.0.1 firmware. Anywho, all is great until I go out and buy the applecare protection plan to upgrade... go through and it says my iphone is not activated! Just needing help because I called apple and they said to plug it into itunes and crap, they don't know its jailbroken. But I wanted to know if anyone could help me activate it so I can add the protection plan.. It's a rogers phone and I am using it on fido. PLEASE HELP!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by verynice1234 View Post
    Hey guys this is my first time on here so I'm expecting big things.
    I have purchased an iphone off a guy and had problems and ended up that the apple store replaced it.... So I jailbroke it right away with redsn0w on my Mac and then unlocked it with Ultrasn0w cause it is on 3.0.1 firmware. Anywho, all is great until I go out and buy the applecare protection plan to upgrade... go through and it says my iphone is not activated! Just needing help because I called apple and they said to plug it into itunes and crap, they don't know its jailbroken. But I wanted to know if anyone could help me activate it so I can add the protection plan.. It's a rogers phone and I am using it on fido. PLEASE HELP!!
    Thanks
    Thats weird, prior to me jailbreaking (and making my unusable phone usable), when I called Apple they told me I could do it over the phone since they'd just add the extra care onto my account on their system.

I too am wondering what would happen if I sync to iTunes now, especially since I never activated it within iTunes.

Well I called the apple store and guy was like "o I don't know what's going on. Did you plug it into itunes?" I was like yeahh friggin idiot. They think I need to restore and plug it into itunes. But I am not using a rogers sim card in the iphone so it will just say sim card invalid.

More details:I activated my rogers iphone with fido after jailbreak and unlocking it. Why does it say on apple that my iphone is not activated to add the applecare proction plan.Is there anyway to activate it without having to change to rogers to use my applecare? I just spend $80 on it and don't want it to be useless. PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by verynice1234; 2009-09-03 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost