Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G Stuck on Emergency Screen!

Default Iphone 3G Stuck on Emergency Screen!
    Hello everyone, I just got a Iphone 3G from a friend what happend was he has a T-Mobile SIM in the iphone and its an Iphone 3G 8GB and like everything was working at first but it could not connect to itunes it said "Sim card is not compatibale with phone" Something like that I have never jail broken or unlocked anything so then like it went to the emergency screen after that i decided to restore it so i pressed the Home/Power button solution or w.e and i restored it on the itunes after that it told me to update the iphone so i did to 3.01 or something now the iphone is stuck at the emergency screen I read the whole Redsn0w thread and downloaded both the firmware and redsno0w now what happens is i get up to the part where it says "Waiting for Reboot" And its just stuck there it wont be rebooted my iphone is still off. Someone please be kind enough to help thanks.

Anyone mind helping please..? Just to clarify i dont remember what version it was before i just updated to 3.01 then everything went wrong it wont be recognized in Itunes saying "Sim Card isen't Compatible". So basically i cant get in the phone at all its at the Emergency Screen. I Just tried it on Windows XP and it went perfectly BUT it crashes or something telling me it frozed up im using Redsn0w 0.8 any help..?
    Last edited by suleman92; 2009-09-01 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

your doing it correctly. When it hangs up, un-plug the USB cord for 3 seconds and then plug it back in. It should work.

Oh, and Welcome to MMi
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-09-01 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same exact problem. But i unplug it for 3 secs and it does nothing
    Its a 2g iphone w/ 3.0 firmware(IIRC) Im stuck on the Emergency screen on the iphone and can only dial out 911

ive tried everything!

Ive tried diffrent firmwares ive tried diffrent redsnows(including the .7.2 and it still hangs up on the reboot. I try to unplug for 3 secs and still no go. WTF am i doing wrong!!!!!

On some firmwares that i use it will go all the way up to uploading 1 then it will go to the reset screen and freeze. Then i will do another firmware and it will go to the second up load then on the restart it will freeze.

Thanks

^no need for the multiple posts.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Product_of_korea View Post
    I have the same exact problem. But i unplug it for 3 secs and it does nothing
    Its a 2g iphone w/ 3.0 firmware(IIRC) Im stuck on the Emergency screen on the iphone and can only dial out 911

ive tried everything!

Ive tried diffrent firmwares ive tried diffrent redsnows(including the .7.2 and it still hangs up on the reboot. I try to unplug for 3 secs and still no go. WTF am i doing wrong!!!!!

On some firmwares that i use it will go all the way up to uploading 1 then it will go to the reset screen and freeze. Then i will do another firmware and it will go to the second up load then on the restart it will freeze.
    If on the Emergency screen, try to run redsn0w again to activate it. Some people have had success by disabling any anti virus program also.

Sounds bricked lol...whats the history before this issue?
    @angie- I noticed the multiple posts as well
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

^ bricked? Is he getting any iTunes errors. Remember what Confucius told you dude.
    Perhaps try a different computer also.

Thanks

What did confucious tell him?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

im confused?

LMAO, this?
    Originally Posted by confucious
    No

@Melech518 - please stop helping people.

I might actually think you're OK - and then where would be!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Default similar problem
    I've had a similar problem with my iphone 3g. It is stuck on the emergencey screen and when i plugged it into the usb it really gets stuck not even the slider responds. I've restored more than 10 time, i've put it into dfu mode and restored, i've reset it a billion times, nothing seems to be working.

Hey guys, i had the same problem, i had two 3g iphones one went through with no problems after jailbreaking, the other one i did exactly the same and it kept coming up with "emergancy call only" with the itunes logo on the iphone screen every time i plugged it in.

im T-mobile UK so all i did was use a friends o2 chip and it activated and worked (o2 is the official provider of iphone in UK)

try sticking in a sim that was ment to be with the iphone, once activated then stick your other sim in (the one u want to use)

Hi, I had the same problem before , and it was solve by
    these steps , have a try ,,

Step 1: Turn off your ip
    Step 2: PRESS & HOLD home button, then PRESS & HOLD on/off button on the top
    Step 3: DONT release both button, untill u see Apple logo display, then release the on/off button, in the meanwhile still HOLD the home button aorund 30 sec.
    The display will come out a screen, it showed USB & iTunes logo.
    Step 4: Open your iTunes, RESTORE. FINISH & DONE.
    100% work...
    Last edited by S a r a s a; 2009-10-06 at 11:33 AM.