Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking Problem stuck in emergency screen

Default Unlocking Problem stuck in emergency screen
    I have been having this one problem with my iPhone 3GS, i jailbroke with DEV teams tools (redsn0w) and unlocked with (ultrasn0w) however when i put in a different sim (like ROGERS not being my carrier) i get signal bars and carrier name in the left hand correr but my phone is stuck in emergency screen? I can recieve calls but am unable to make any. (cant do anything with my iPhone?) I dont know how to get past it or what needs to be done i hope not another restore tho... Any help would be appriciated.

I am with a registered carrier.
    When i unlocked the phone had my registered sim (FIDO) in side the phone because i plan to use it with a registered carrier (FIDO) but i want the unlock available to me for when i travel to europe..

thanks guys

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

typically when you see the emergency screen the phone needs to be hacktivated. You may want to run redsn0w again with the rogers sim in.

yeah but what about when i travel to europe, am i always gonna run redsnow everywhere i go?

PS; what if i were to run Redsnow without a sim in the iPhone would that maybe be better?
    and by running redsnow again will that get rid of all the sources and apps i have installed via cydia?
    i am trying to aviod spending 2 hours getting it all back.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by kissdaring; 2009-08-30 at 10:29 AM. Reason: adding more info

Thanks

ultrasn0w will give you the unlock after you jailbreak it with redsn0w and then it will work with any sim you want to use.

Thanks

I see you have the 3GS and I have a 2G, but you may be able to get a permanent unlock as discussed in a previous thread by apple or your provider since you plan on traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I see you have the 3GS and I have a 2G, but you may be able to get a permanent unlock as discussed in a previous thread by apple or your provider since you plan on traveling.
    hahaha. hey thanks i have tried that i have spoken with my carrier about that and they pretty much gave me the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ultrasn0w will give you the unlock after you jailbreak it with redsn0w and then it will work with any sim you want to use.
    how is this relivent to what i was saying man, i know what ultrasnow and redsnow do!

your reply helped me in know way possible....

thanks anyway
    Last edited by kissdaring; 2009-08-31 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Then your missing it. No worries. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Then your missing it. No worries. Good luck.
    Cadi i dont think you read my original post right! the UNLOCK works as i see the carrier name in the left hand corner with full bars when i put in a different sim, the only problem is that when i put in that sim it brings me to the emergency screen.

what i want to be able to do it put any sim in the phone and not have to worrie about the emergency screen poping up.

i want to know if there is a way to Hacktivate my phone without having to do a restore and loose all my cydia apps as i really dont want to spend hours getting it all back if there is a way around it...