Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Sources won't add ?

Default Cydia Sources won't add ?
    Allright I have restored my iphone 2g to 3.0 jailbroke with Redsn0w, updated with itunes to 3.01 then jailbroke and unlocked with redsn0w again and now when I try and add sources to cydia I get stuck on the updating sources page, why is it giving me such a hard time I have tried with 3.0 firmware and it did the same crap for me has anyone had this problem how do you fix it I can reboot the phone when it gets tsuck and cydia loads up fine and the only source in the app is modmyi.com not the one I tried to add.

Thanks

I think maybe because of old cydia info from version 3.0 jailbreak is currupting it, should I maybe restore iphone from a new firmware file I found online 3.0.1 and restore again and rejail break you think this would fix my problem?
    Last edited by Appalot; 2009-08-27 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

It may be a bad source, what are you trying to add?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Appalot (2009-08-27)

Yeah I tyoped it right in my iphone just mistyped here but yeah other one do the same thing. I am at a loss here this phone is gonna get sold soon lol

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Guys, post warez links, discussion or help is not supported on the forum.

Forum Rules

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

Appalot (2009-08-27)

Ok well I tried to add APPLE-NEWS.fr

Apple-News.fr

Same thing happens seems like the phone is freezing during updating sources on the Downloading Packages part.

I also tried adding

apt.modmyi.com

doesnt work either

any help suggested

Just so I have this clear I did read yoru rules So Cydia is a WAREZ???

or was it the link for the source that was warez I am confused once again.
    I didnt post any warez I didnt link any warez Hackulo is a web addy not a warez according to what I understand of it.

WAREZ

We do not allow any warez on our boards. Warez includes cracked programs that are supposed to be paid for, bios files for game emulators, games that you have to buy like NES roms, and illegal software.

Warez posts will be removed as well as the posting user. Do NOT beg for warez on our forums.

Can you please clarify this for me I am just looking for help not trying to get in trouble here.
    I am totally ignorant to this new jailbreaking unlocking stuff,that is why I am here.
    I just want winterboard themes and such to download through cydia.

Thanks in Advance

im in exactly the same boat. i think it might be due to Cydia's new installer as Saurik has released a new Cydia Installer recently. Thats the only major change i can think of with my iphone