Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incoming call problem

Default Incoming call problem
    Can anyone help ... i successfully unlocked my iphone to work while i'm out of the country (Malaysia) with a MAXIS sim card. I cannot receive calls, EVERYTHING else works great. If anyone has any idea's i'd appreciate it!

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Can you MAKE calls?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yeah, i can make calls, vocie-mail, wifi, youtube, internet, mail, EDGE etc ... everything works. I just can't recieve calls.

I tried with other SIM cards (different local operators), same problem. But with the AT&T sim card i CAN receive calls! Does anyone have any idea's, any help idea's would be appreciated.

I've restored and unlocked (using the guides on this site) 3 times ... same issue!

Default Telkomsel also can't receive incoming call
    Same problem with Telkomsel (Indonesia) also, Outgoing OK but cannot Incoming (out of service area). Work well with Excelcom and Indosat Mentari but didn't work with Indosat Matrix. I hope the future unlock program can solve this problem or anybody can help to hack this.

I got the iphone to accept incoming calls by switching to a prepaid Celcom SIM (another provider in Malaysia).
    Does anyone know why this might be happening? Is there anything we can do, to use the other providers?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wow thats awful I'm hoping I wont have the same issue when in vietnam
     Think Different

you got it fixed?

Thanks

Try this:

Goto Settings > Carriers and select the network shown on your network bar on the home screen manually.

doesnt help, im having same problem with incoming service with my main provider. Other provider works perfect, but too expensive :-(
    please help us someone

did any of u manage to fix the problem?

Unhappy The Same Problem!!
    I have exactly same problem,I don't think it is an unlocking problem.It might be a bug in iPhone or service incompattiblities.Because my unlocked phone works great in Tehran but when I go to my home town (Isfahan) with the same SIM card and service provider(Actually there is only one service provider in Iran which is at hands of the government ,like most other dictatorship countries ) I have the same problem , no incoming calls but everything else is working fine.
    Any suggestions?

I had same problem in Croatia....I was using 112 then downgraded to 111 got new sim and no problems after that...Right now i cannot tell you if it was software or new sim but i can recive calls right now.