Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows, Iphone 1st gen, 3.0 Unlock

Default Windows, Iphone 1st gen, 3.0 Unlock
    Hey guys, Im sure all of you have seen a post like this, but I have been sifting through the forums and I just want some verification.

Looking to unlock (and i guess jailbrake, doesnt matter) my 1st gen iPhone edge.

So correct me if I am wrong anywhere:

1) Open Itunes and backup, then restore to a downloaded copy of 3.0 software so that it doesnt have anything.

2) follow directions here http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...0-redsn0w.html

3) now at this point, after it is unlocked, do i restore back to my back up and get all my apple apps, text messages, and contacts? The most important thing is that I dont lose anything during this.

Thanks again guys.

Yes after you are done you just sync ur backup

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptors For This Useful Post:

joshg1001 (2009-08-17)

alright i guess im ready to do this! w00t thanks!

one more thing:

in step 1 where I should restore to factory, do i just click the restore button or do i SHIFT click it and use the 3.0 software i just downloaded?

and then after it unlocks, do i right click the device and click restore from backup to get all my info back?

thanks
    Last edited by joshg1001; 2009-08-17 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by joshg1001 View Post
    alright i guess im ready to do this! w00t thanks!

one more thing:

in step 1 where I should restore to factory, do i just click the restore button or do i SHIFT click it and use the 3.0 software i just downloaded?

and then after it unlocks, do i right click the device and click restore from backup to get all my info back?

thanks
    Just hit the restore button, it'll restore it to 3.0.1.

If this is the first time the phone is getting on 3.0, setup the phone as a new phone, don't worry it'll sync all your stuff, just not your text's and settings.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!