Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g unlock/jailbreak/wifi questions

Default iphone 2g unlock/jailbreak/wifi questions
    Hi,I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge in this field.I am new here and found that this is the best forum for iphone support.I will receive a like new iphone 2g with 1.12 OS and 4.02.13_G FW in a week.I am doing research prior to avoid killing the phone.

I will be utilizing the T-mobile network and would prefer that wifi be my main source of connection to the internet.

1.How do I unlock/jailbreak my iphone 2g 1.12(4.02.13) when I receive it?

1.I heard that OS 2.2.1 and 3.0 have issues with connecting to wifi on unlocked t-mobile iphone 2g.I would prefer to update to OS 1.14 or 2.2?But what OS do you recommend for a t-mobile iphone 2g?(keep in mind I need my wifi to work)?

2.If you have an iphone 2g with tmobile,and your WiFi is working, what is your current OS and firmware?

I'd appreciate any thoughts and opinions on this matter.
    Last edited by fella47; 2009-08-04 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    Redsn0w for sure would be the method I would recommend and ultrasn0w for the unlock to T Mo. Although I only have my 2G phone for a back up, I am running 3.0 on T Mo and have absolutely no problems what so ever. Everything works, no worries.

Thanks for your reply.Do you know why some user's wifi on tmobile iphone 2g dies when upgrading to 3.0?

I read many articles about that on different forums but wanted to get the best advice from here.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Dealing with problems here on a day to day basis I believe the 90% of problems are caused because users sync to a back up they had in iTunes after the update & J/B process is complete. You should always set up as a new phone and then sync to get contacts and music back.

thanks for straightening that out.However,I am uncomfortable to upgrade to 3.0 at this time

will iLiberty still be effective to activate/jl/ul 1.1.2 to 1.1.4.

i will go to 3.0 in the future.
    Last edited by fella47; 2009-08-06 at 08:06 AM.

Any thoughts please?