Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: APN editing problem

Default APN editing problem
    Hello ppl..
    I'm using the 2G iphone.. the first iphone 8gb.
    Presently running FW 2.2.1
    As long as I was on 1.1.4 the 'cellular network data' was visible in the network settings and I had the option of editing the APN and password.
    However, after I've upgraded to 2.2.1 I dont see that option anymore. I just activated the gprs services from my carrier and there is no place to enter the APN. After some googling around I tried to install 'APN Editing' from Cydia.
    During the installation there was an error.. I dont remember the exact error msg but it was someting about 'error in line 133' or the like!
    I force cleared the files.
    Now, theres an 'E' icon whenever the wifi is off... but theres no way to turn it off. And, it still doesnt access the cellular data network!
    Any help is appreciated!!

Cheers

3.0 is the way to go.
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

There are a couple apps in Cydia that may help you out with this.
    Do a search for T-Mobile US it will bring up a few options for you. Choose what applies.
    Did you sync from a previous back up, this causes big problems also. Always set up as new phone.
    Otherwise you will have to restore and J/B again. I would update to 3.0 so many awesome features.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-08-04 at 09:13 AM.

I'm in India.. I did see a few apps in Cydia for the AT&T etc.. so I wasnt sure if it would help installing those carrier bundles...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sorry, I assumed you were on T Mo. a carrier bundle is what you need. Here is a link that will give you a few more options. Windows Mac