Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nightmare on Iphone 2G upgrade

Default Nightmare on Iphone 2G upgrade
    First off you have to read my post "I KNEW I WOULD SCREW THIS UP"
    After all of that had taken place I was in Itunes getting ready to RESTORE one more time when somehow I got to a spot that showed info on my phone..It showed the operating system as 2.1 or 2.2 I don't remember which.. HOW CAN THIS BE ? I have already restored this thing THREE (3) times by now. So I went into settings and checked, sure enough, 2.1 was my version.It asked if I would like to update?? DUH, I already have 3 times.. but what the H, I said sure, then it said "you must have itunes 8 point something in order to do this?????? So of course I said sure, lets do that to..soooooo finally it said my phone was up to date, activated and ready to run.. Soooooooooo, of to redsnow for one more try,,and Walla,, jailbreak successful..
    Don't ask me how, but somehow Itunes did not update me to version 3.0, it kept restoring my old 2.1.
    I am posting this so that if anyone else should enter into this nightmare they can have a way out..LOL
    My thanks to the members that stuck with me trying to figure this one out..But even they didn't suspect this as the cause..

Quote Originally Posted by John1177 View Post
    First off you have to read my post "I KNEW I WOULD SCREW THIS UP"
    After all of that had taken place I was in Itunes getting ready to RESTORE one more time when somehow I got to a spot that showed info on my phone..It showed the operating system as 2.1 or 2.2 I don't remember which.. HOW CAN THIS BE ? I have already restored this thing THREE (3) times by now. So I went into settings and checked, sure enough, 2.1 was my version.It asked if I would like to update?? DUH, I already have 3 times.. but what the H, I said sure, then it said "you must have itunes 8 point something in order to do this?????? So of course I said sure, lets do that to..soooooo finally it said my phone was up to date, activated and ready to run.. Soooooooooo, of to redsnow for one more try,,and Walla,, jailbreak successful..
    Don't ask me how, but somehow Itunes did not update me to version 3.0, it kept restoring my old 2.1.
    I am posting this so that if anyone else should enter into this nightmare they can have a way out..LOL
    My thanks to the members that stuck with me trying to figure this one out..But even they didn't suspect this as the cause..
    Don't forget when restoring on iTunes if using windows u must press shift key then click restore and it will then ask you where the firmware is for restore, I presume already downloaded and on your desktop for easy access, if its applemac I think its the operations button then shift, if you simply hit restore it will restore your old version each time

Thanks

Listen, I always had a plan b when or if my computer could not unlock. It happened and I contacted a local place that sells all phones and asked if they do unlock the iphones. I had no choice and no phone and they used there computer to do it for me this was for 2.2.1 at the time and 3.0 worked fine on my computer. My 2 cents.

iPhone? More like MyPhone calebdexter's Avatar
    Thanks

it is just a misunderstanding, you just didnt update your itunes. period..lols...