Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Troubles jailbreaking

That's a bit like Rugby but they have to wear protective clothing and stop every couple of minutes for a rest? I think I've heard of it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

^LOL! Yup pretty much
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Its a 3g. I tried restoring to factory setting and now all it does is show a data cable pointing to itunes logo and all it wants to do is make an emergency call.

I tried restoring and now all it does is show a USB data cable on the screen pointing to Itunes logo and the only thing you can do is try to make an emergency call
    Last edited by BruceBonebrake; 2009-07-31 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^LOL. Then it needs to be activated.
    Put your AT&T sim in and plug it into iTunes
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^LOL. Then it needs to be activated.
    Put your AT&T sim in and plug it into iTunes
    Well, I got it jailbroke and unlocked. It recognizes my sim but I can't connect to internet. The sim I used came from my LG Xenon. I have an unlimited data plan and my carrier is AT&T. I heard of people using sims from their other phones and they were able to connect to internet with the 20 dollar unlimited data plan they had with their old phone without buying iphone data plan. Is there any truth to that and how can I do that?

Why did you umlock if you have an AT&T SIM?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

LOL. I don't know. I'm new to this. I'm assuming it wasn't necessary. I took it to a cellular repair store and they unlocked and jailbroke it for me. I informed them I had ATT but he unlocked it anyway. Is the unlocking the problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks

It shouldn't be the problem, it was just unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by BruceBonebrake View Post
    LOL. I don't know. I'm new to this. I'm assuming it wasn't necessary. I took it to a cellular repair store and they unlocked and jailbroke it for me. I informed them I had ATT but he unlocked it anyway. Is the unlocking the problem? How do I fix it?
    What do you need to fix? Why did you take it to someone else to do? hope you didn't pay them

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BruceBonebrake View Post
    What on the springboard screen right now? DO you still have the USB screen? If so, you'll have to put the phone in DFU mode and restore.

No more USB screen.

Thanks

OK, where you at in the process?

I had someone jailbreak and unlock it. It recognizes the sim from my old ATT phone but doesn't allow me to connect to internet. I had unlimited data plan on other phone. What's up?

Thanks

Did you have internet before you J/B it?
    There are no special APN settings that I am aware of for AT&T, perhaps you need to contact your carrier. Could something as simple as burning you a new sim card.

I don't know if it did or not. I took the phone to someone and had them jailbreak and unlock it for me. So I'm really not too sure.

How do I burn a new sim? And can I use the data plan I have now (Unlimited data plan) because I'm trying to avoid having to get the iphone data plan?
    Last edited by BruceBonebrake; 2009-08-01 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can't, sim must be done by your carrier.
    As far as your data plan, as stated not sure. I have T Mo perhaps someone else will have your answer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

BruceBonebrake (2009-08-01)

thanx for your help. I really appreciate it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12