Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade 1.0.2 iphone to 1.1.4 & unlock?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Upgrade 1.0.2 iphone to 1.1.4 & unlock?
    Hi,

Can I use ziphone or iPlus to unlock my phone?

I currently have an unlock 1.0.2 iphone and would like to upgrade to 1.1.4. I know that ziphone/ iPlus can unlock 1.1.4 OTB but do I need to do anything special for a older phone?

Thanks!
    Haruko

2. The Following User Says Thank You to haruko05 For This Useful Post:

nitrous3 (2008-03-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Any help? I wanted to bring this question up as well. Please help!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to open ziphone and "refurnish" and then do a clean RESTORE to 1.1.4 and use ziphone (or iPlus) to re-unlock/jailbreak. Lastly, set the phone up as NEW and resync all your info rather than restoring from a back-up image.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

cspec (2008-03-16), haruko05 (2008-03-16), nitrous3 (2008-03-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Poseidon79, thanks dude.

Hey,

just two quick questions. When you say refurbish what does that involve? And how would i be able to save my sms messages?

Thanks in advance.

i have answer and qutions cus i have the saam 1.0.2 and i would like to upgrade it to 1.1.4 .
    sms: u can use iphone pc suit to have backup i think from your sms and email and numbers and all.
    my qutions : did i need at&t sim card when i upgrade and unlock and active with ziphone from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 ???

No, you do not need the at&t sim card
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHK For This Useful Post:

nitrous3 (2008-03-20)

i currently have my iPhone unlocked and jailbreaked with 1.02 and in use for T-Mobile. I want to upgrade and unlock it to 1.1.4. To do this do I just click "refurbish" in ZiPhone and install 1.1.4 in iTunes, than click "Do It All" in ZiPhone??
    I just want to know the exact steps so I don't screw this up please. Thanks.

Some people have suggested that you can do that, but this is the steps that I took:

I would recommend you first virginize your phone using the i.unlock method and then upgrade directly to 1.1.4 through restore and use ziphone- That's what I did. So here is my suggested method/guide:

No elaborate process for virginizing; it is done automatically through installer- just do this:

1. Set Settings → General → Auto Lock → Never

2. Start Installer and update it if it asks. Tap on Sources, Edit, and Add http://i.unlock.no/ as a repository.

3. Make sure you have BSD Subsystem installed. If it's installed it's listed in "Uninstall", if not listed, tap on Install and goto the System category and install it.

4. Now, install The Virginizer found in the Unlocking Tools category. This will take almost 10 minutes to complete.

5. Now restore through iTunes to 1.1.4 and use ziphone

---all in all, a 20 minute process max!--
    If I help you out, help me out by clicking the button

just upgraded to 1.1.4 last night and have no problems. Before it used to say T-Mobile in the top right hand corner and now its says AT&T. Is there a way to change that to T-Mobile and keep the symbol text the same as now?

Hi,
    I found your suggestions and replies very useful but I am badly stuck, I used Iliberty and my iphone got messed up and then I did the restore via Itunes and now I am continuosly getting BSD major minor error and tried all th way out normally available on net to get out of this loop but notjing seeme to be working can you please help me getting back my iphone.

Many Thanks,
    Aashish.