Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apparently the new ultrasn0w 0.91-1 is causing problems

Default apparently the new ultrasn0w 0.91-1 is causing problems
    hi guys, i have a 3g with 3.0 and i want to do a restore because my phone is not sync properly with itunes plus i want to do fresh installation again. so when i was preparing to do the restore i notice and upgrade notice from cydia about ultrasn0w and wanted to check the changes soi went to dev team blog and notice lots of people that after they upgraded to new ultrasnow are having no service, no wifi, etc.

is there a way to download the old 0.9 or 0.8?? (wish worked fine to me)

heres the link
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/1285...now#idc-ctools

thxs for your time
    jaas

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

On their site they have an archive. Although the web site is down right now, you should be able to get it there.

so how do install the older ultrasnow from the archives because the repository that i have on cydia only haves the new version 0.91-1

thxs for your time
    jaas

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

It would have to be done in Terminal. I just went to their site and unfortunately I don't see any archives for ultrasn0w. Sorry I was wrong.
    But what I do know is that although there have been some problems, most are installing it problem free. Perhaps someone else has better info than me. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jaas75 View Post
    so how do install the older ultrasnow from the archives because the repository that i have on cydia only haves the new version 0.91-1

thxs for your time
    jaas

download the rapidshare link in post # 1......

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...hout-wifi.html

and follow the instruction. very easy...

goodluck

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

I also need the previous version of ultrasn0w (the one before the last update) I'm facing many issues signal is all over the place, dropping calls etc .. Help anyone?
    Last edited by iPhoenix3g; 2009-07-27 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default ditto
    i have the same problem, 1st ultrasow was fine now i have no signal, no edge, mms and push stopped working, wifi connects but service goes in and out, i cant send text sometimes and like 15 mins i can, i drop EVERY SINGLE call.

i already did a restore, set up as new phone, re instal ultrasnow. that didnt work

i had everything working perfect before on old ultrasnow but now im stuck, i have an 8G 3G iphone. before 3gs.

i cant seem to find a solution, even tried uninstalling SBSettings. everything possible so it works but no luck

contemplating just buying a blackberry on Tmo and using my iphone as expensive itouch

Thanks

You can search for the .deb file and SSH it in.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

thxs guys for all the answers and your time

jaas