Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions About unlocking iphone 3G

Default Questions About unlocking iphone 3G
    I'm not new to jailbrekaing or unlocking i just want to confirm and ask a few qustions so when I buy a used Iphone off ebay I know that I am fully confindent to unlock it. I know that I am going to use Ultrasn0w to unlock it but before I do that I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.
    1.I have 3 peice of **** samsung phones as Tmobile the carrier I'm wondering after unlocking the Iphone what will happen do I have to call tmobile or something basically what happens after I unlock it.
    2.Can I take the sim card from one of my samsung phones which doesnt have internet and I dont have a texting plan or internet plan and put it in the unlocked iphone and surf the net on the iphone and not get charged for it from tmobile?
    3.When I put my sim card in the Iphone does it have the number that came from the phone that it was previously in? Or do I have to somehow get a new phone number?
    4.to activate an Iphone or any phone you have to have a sim card and call your carrier to activate it??? what if I buy an Iphone that isnt activated??? How will I know that its not activated??
    5.when I unlock the iphone and put my tmobile sim card into the iphone do I pay what I'm paying now for my monthly bill? Do they know that its an iphone??
    6.when I take my sim card from my tmobile phone and put it into the Iphone I still can use all the features that I would normally have if I bought an Iphone via ATT??

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi

1. Sim will work with iPhone if it's unlocked.
    2. No internet if your not subscribed to it.
    3. Same phone number.
    4. Have sim card in during Jailbreak/Unlock.
    5. Yes, they know it's an iPhone by the imei #.
    6. Yes, if you pay for them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

HonorGuard (2009-07-24)

So I can use internet or GPS but Tmobile will charge my account?? Or since I dont have an internet plan what happens? Can I connect to my WI FI network and surf the internet for free?thanks you've been a big help so far

Thanks

You can connect to wifi and surf for free, but you will need a data plan with T Mobile to without wifi.

thank you if I have more questions I will ask here

if I take any SIM card and put it into an unlocked Iphone do I loose any features?? its still going to function like a regular Iphone as long as my plan covers it right?
    Last edited by HonorGuard; 2009-07-25 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yup, you won't lose any features. Only limited by what your plan is.

ok cool so I can still surf the internet or what ever but I'll just get charged more for it but if I had that specific plan it would just be included in my plan cost?

Thanks

To access the internet you will have to have a data plan as well as add the settings in your phone. That costs more.

can I connect to my house's WIFI without a data plan?

Yes you can connect to your house or any hotspot with out a data plan..

Data plan is for when you dont have wifi or not near a hot spot and want to check your email or facebook or whatever the case might be..you cant because you have no data..

The cheapest plan on t-mobile i think is the $9,99 plan which is not unlimited i dont think

The unlimited one is $24.99

And if this going to be your next Q

Yes the iphone works on Flexpay and Prepaid (to work on prepaid just get a prepaid sim card and get the sidekick data plan on it and change the APN to hiptop.tmobile.com) and you will be charge $1 a day everything unlimited but not MMS is 20 cents each
    Current Using: iPhone 3G 16GB White
    Firmware: 3.0
    Jailbreak: Pwnage Tool