Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help for uk Tmobile

Default need help for uk Tmobile
    hey guys im on another site with the same question , so here goes, i found an iPhone on the Glasgow(UK) underground and when i went to hand it to the guard,who turned out to be my neighbour, he advised me not to ,as it might go missing, so i posted a found notice with the ticket box and with a newspaper vendor months ago and no reply.
    So against my better nature ive decided to use it.I have unlocked it to use as a mp3 player etc but i cant "unpuck" it to use as a phone, is there a way i can do this to use on my T-Mobile network here in the UK....ty

Thanks

jailbreak->Cydia-> bootneuter

dale1v im neglected to tell you im not computer literate could you be more specific also my phone doesn't have Cydia on it... ty

Thanks

oh, sorry lol...
    well now that I'm at my PC I can explain in detail:
    Use iTunes to restore your phone to 3.0-
    Download redsn0w and jailbreak your device by following the instructions in the software; mark cydia for installation during this process
    Once your phone is jalibroken, Cydia will be on the homescreen- open it up, install any updates for it and search for and install bootneuter, that will unlock your phone
    Last edited by dale1v; 2009-07-21 at 01:58 AM.

Default cheers
    do i put my new sim in before or after i jailbreak....sorry dale1v but you could be talking chinese and i'd have a better chance of understanding you, lol but im learning fast im just waiting for the phone to activate itself and i'll be annoying you again, cheers and thank you v much

i got tomorrow off so i'll be up a while yet lol

its rebooted but with no Cydia and still cant call out
    Last edited by fonzy_magoo; 2009-07-21 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is your phone the first generation or a newer 3g?
    If it is the first gen try this tutorial:

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/20...nlock-redsn0w/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hiflyer For This Useful Post:

fonzy_magoo (2009-07-21)

i dont know how do i find out, all i know is its up to date firmware wise

got it all up and running put the 3g and roam connection on , its recognising my mobile network but when i try to phone anyone it goes back to the dialler and when someone tries to phone me the get "unable to connect to this phone" message
    Last edited by fonzy_magoo; 2009-07-21 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 549 Posts

Has it got a silver back or a black back ?

Sound as if it is 3G .. so

I take it that you have now jailbroken your phone ? and you have installed Ultrasn0w ?

If you have try going to settings > General > Reset >Reset Network settings.

If this fails try doing a reboot by holding down the power and home button together untill the screen goes blank (then let go) and re boot

If this fails you will have to restore in Itunes again to 3.0 and re jailbreak the phone and put Ultrasn0w back ok.

Let me know
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

If the phone has been reported lost or stolen to any UK network the IMEI will be blocked and no amount of unlocking will fix that.
    The phone will not be usable again.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i found the phone on the undergound and put up notices to find an owner as it was a valuable object but was told by underground employees it was probably stolen so i reckon its puck blocked although my T-Mobile network logo and connestion bar come up in the corner

I think you were right not to hand it in at the underground, although you could try handing it in to the police. There could be a reward if the rightful owner does claim it and it would be legally yours after 6 months (I believe) if no one claims it.

To see if it is blocked you could use CheckMEND - The Global Second-Hand Stolen Goods Database for Public & Trade Checking it cost a couple of quid but if you find it's not blocked you should be able to use it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

fonzy_magoo (2009-07-21)

Ive handed things to the POLICE before like wallets,a hanbag and a laptop and bag and to my disbelief i found out if unclaimed after so many months they auction them off, so i thought i'd give the owner the best chance to reclaim this iPhone by putting up found notices near underground and that was at the start of March

Just found http://www.hampshire.police.uk/NR/rd...75/0/09303.pdf
    Assuming other forces are similar:

If you hand something in it is up to you to check if it has been unclaimed after ONE month, otherwise the police will dispose of it.

As you found it omn the underground they would have told you to hand it in to them

But as it's a phone (or MP3 player) you wouldn't have got it anyway as it might breach copyright if you played some music!

You learn something every day. We used to have a fair legal system in this country. As it is, I think you have done the right thing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

fonzy_magoo (2009-07-22)

In all honesty i have tried to return it,by phoning and texting the number that appears on the iTunes page under devices section but it is dead, as ive never recieved a reply and as i already have an Nano and an Archos aswell as a Nokia 5800 Express phone i never intended to keep it until tis week even though its been about 5 months sinces i found it, but thanks for your support confucious, you are truly as wise and generous as your namesake

dale1v what will the bootneuter do for the phone as i have full connection bar and t-Mobile sign but cant phone out or in
    Last edited by fonzy_magoo; 2009-07-22 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Bootneuter is not for the iPhone 3G it only works on the 2G. I think Dale thought you had found a 2G.

Have you tried sending /receiving texts? Tried connecting to the internet?
    What happens when you try calling out? Do you get a dial tone?

Thanks

It's a 3G? Oh. But if the IMEI is blocked, it won't matter which tool you use, the phone won't work... :/

Thanks

Out of interest, did it have a sim card in it when you found it? If so did you try phoning the original network to find out whose it was?

It does sound as has already been mentioned that the phone is blocked. Nice iPod Touch though.

ah ok thanks guys ,you've been a tremendous source for info for me i'll keep in touch if thats ok by you ,once again thank you very much

@ iGuy ,no it had no sim but when i hooked it up to my iTunes page the original number came up and ive tried many times without success to contact the owner
    Last edited by fonzy_magoo; 2009-07-22 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost