Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purple RC2 vs Ultrasn0w which is better

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up purple RC2 vs Ultrasn0w which is better
    hi i just wanted to know what the diffrence is between the two unlocks i cant tell whichs is better please tell me which runs more better i herd that geohots is better then dev team but i trust the dev yeam more
    Last edited by waheedtarin; 2009-07-17 at 09:53 AM.

Well without geohot the dev team wouldn't be in the position they are now so no reason not to trust geohot. Anyway, i've tested them both and personally have found purplesn0w RC2 to give me a more consistant signal and it also locks on quicker after a reboot. But i suppose it's a matter of opinion.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

The one thing i see is that Ultrasn0w will work an a hacktivated iPhone.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

My signal goes in and out with ultrasn0w. purplesn0w seems to keep a better signal

Thanks

A lot of people have complained about wifi and signal problems with ultrasn0w. But for the jailbreaking, purplera1n is much faster and does not require manual dfu mode or to locate the ipsw. Which jailbreak for the 3GS is better?
    Purplera1n or redsn0w?
    SMS: OK
    MMS: OK
    YouTube: OK
    Maps: OK
    GPS: Frikkin Awesome!!!
    iTunes Music Store: OK
    AppStore: OK
    Cydia: Speedy

The latest version of UltraSn0w fixes 'most' (I would say all but someone would pick me up on it) problems.

RedSn0w/UltraSn0w is a more complete solution as it works with all devices not just the 3GS

For the 3GS? There is not a lot in it, RedSn0w does not need activation as it hactivates. Personally I would stick with the Dev Team but if you want to go Purple you shouldn't have a problem, if you do you can always go red/Ultra and vice-versa.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I have a serious problem and need some Desperate help,I am vacationing in the Philippines, and have a legit At&t account, I Jailbroke my Iphone 3Gs ,and used Purplesnow I actually tried both, the problem I have is that I am currectly in the Philippines, using the Globe Cell networks, they work ok ,but I seem to notice that my text messages are sent fast (not uncommon) BUT any message I get back takes at least 7 to 10 minutes to recieve it, the worst thing of all is that it takes 5 to 9 hours to charge my iphone, and it gets so hot, that the battery last me about an hour if I am lucky to maybe send 3 or 4 messages, is there a fix for the Iphone 3Gs from not over heating along with a longer battery charge??
    Last edited by sendertimes; 2009-07-21 at 01:48 PM.

Do you have any apps that use Push?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

sendertimes (2009-07-22)

Thanks

Redsn0w all the way with ultrasn0w 0.91..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhone3g210 For This Useful Post:

sendertimes (2009-07-22)