Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G Doesn't Recognize Sim Card

Default iPhone 2G Doesn't Recognize Sim Card
    My dad's iPhone 2G 16GB used to work perfectly (Got it off the free/flea (Whats the difference?) market) until he was unable to connect to the internet and wifi, he has full bars too! Then i decided to go to the settings and chose to reset all the data (2 Hours Wait) and then it showed the APPLE LOGO SCREEN OF DEATH. It just kept repeating the logo sequence (When it finished loading it just blinked and the apple logo stays). I put it in DFU mode and restored it (iTune's chinese, cant read a word, i just clicked where the restore button is) so i dont know the firmware. After i restored it, it showed this error: "No SIM card installed (header), Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone." for a while, now the errors gone after i put the sim card in over and over again (it popped out "New Voicemail") but the screen was the slide for emergency thing and the background was a picture of itunes and a usb wire connecting to it with an arrow pointing at itunes so i was like, o ok i connect to itunes so i connected to itunes then it said some stuff in chinese said that my sim card was invalid or something. The SIM card works on my dads other phone so its not the sim cards fault and it used to work on the iphone too but now it doesnt. I tried ZiPhone, WinPwn, and thats about it, help plzzz!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Put in DFU mode again restore to a fresh copy.
    You failed to say whether is was an AT&T sim or a T Mobile sim, jailbroken or unlocked. If so re-jailbreak and unlock.